1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Dropped by Rocket yesterday

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by oren, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. oren

oren

Aug 7, 2007
    Salem, OR
    I happen to be in Blacksburg for a meeting at Va Tech, so I came in a little early and spent a few hours with Greg yesterday yakking and trying cool basses. What a pleasure!

I got to play a Kiloton (very cool, but probably a little too forward for the styles I'm playing these days), and a couple of Roscoe Classics, a PJ 4 and a JJ 5, both with Honey Badger pickups. Man oh man, that PJ has a great range of supremely useful sounds - it's haunting me!

I also got to play Greg's Lull P basses, fretted and fretless. It might make me try out heavier gauge flats next time I need to change strings on my P bass!

We grabbed a great dinner at the Cellar, talking all sorts of music. A wonderful day well spent. Thanks again, Greg, and I hope I get to repay the favor when you come up to Chicago sometime!

2. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Thanks, Oren! It was great to meet you in person, we'll definitely have to meet up in Chicago some time. I've got to catch Buddy Guy at least one more time while he's still kicking!

oren likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021