1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dropping an eden 410 to 2ohms

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gord, Apr 9, 2006.

1. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    Hey guys,
    Ok I thought I was up to date on my series vs parallel, but I'm completly lost. Here's a useful diagram!

[​IMG]

How do I get this to drop to 2 ohms? There's no indication as to which is negative, but I'm just guessing black

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If it's a 4-ohm cab, you can't do it. If it's an 8-ohm cab, you might. If it has four 8-ohm drivers in series-parallel to get the 8 ohms, all's you'd have to do is wire all four drivers in parallel, that is, all the positives connected to each other and all the negatives connected to each other.

3. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    It is an 8 ohm. I know it's alot to ask, but is there any way someone could do a quick picture to show me what it should look like? Munjibunga, your description was perfect it just isn't making sense in my head, I'm not sure which parts are positive and the horn kind of confuses me too :bawl:

4. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Actually that pos to pos and neg to neg is series IIRC. Paralel is what he has drawn up there IIRC. And I could be all wet but I think this is correct. Just want to make sure

5. seanm

seanm I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize! Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Yup, the speakers are in parallel. So they cannot be wired up for 2 ohms.

6. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    No, they're in series-parallel. If they were in parallel, the blue wires would all go to only one side of all the speakers. To wire them in parallel, the blue wire would be daisy-chained to the same side of all four speakers. The black wire would do the same to the other side of all four speakers. I don't know what the hell you do with the tweeter.

7. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    You remember incorrectly.

8. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    OK, here's a cruddy drawing of parallel wiring.

9. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I stand corrected. You are correct,And my memory is not what I thought It was.