1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dropping the G string on a 4 string bass in favor of a B string

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Snowbro, May 9, 2017.

1. Snowbro

Snowbro

Aug 26, 2016
    Fiumicno
    [EDIT: I just made some research and realized that this topic has been discussed many times before on the forum. I apoligize and ask for the obliteration of this thread.]

Hello!

I am quite of a newbie and I own a 4 string bass.
    Ever since I picked up the instrument I have always been a fan of very low frequences, and I regularly tone my bass in drop D. I tried tuning it lower but I don't like the lack of tention on the e-string.
    Thus, I am hereby thinking of a twist!
    What if I buy a set of strings for a 5-string bass and just get rid of the G-string in favor of a b-string, thus having a BEAD bass? Would that be viable?

2. Snowbro

Snowbro

Aug 26, 2016
    Fiumicno
    I just made some research and realized that this topic has been discussed many times before on the forum. I apoligize and ask for the obliteration of this thread.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021