1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drops of volume with my Genz Benz shuttle 3.0

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Twistad, Sep 7, 2008.

1. I bought the 3.0 shuttle a month ago, and while I really love the portability and tone, there has been one thing that constantly bugs me.

I'll be on a gig and then for a few seconds my volume drops to almost nothing and then it comes back to what it was. I have done complete gigs where it didn't happen but other times like yesterday I get these drops of volume every 3-4 songs. This is really annoying, is it something that other people are experiencing or is this just this particular amp?

2. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Sales Engineer
    I hate the old "do a search" statement but there are actually a few threads on what causes this. If you search genz in just thread titles you should be able to find something.

3. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    could be related to a power drop at the wall outlet. I've heard that "switching" amps can be suseptable to power drops because they don't store as much power internally for momentary peaks.

4. moondog24

moondog24

Jun 22, 2008
    Here's the thread that really spells it out:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=433712&highlight=genz+volume+drop

I had this same problem with my 6.0 just recently. On a Friday, I took it back to the local shop where I brought it. They contacted GB and had a new Shuttle for me the following Wednesday.

Bottom line: it's a bummer that the amp is failing but you can rest easy that GB provides the best possible customer care.

Good luck.

5. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Mine did that 3 times in one day. Never before, never since. Glad I'm not alone.

6. Thanks for the advices and the link to the thread, I'm going to bring my amp back to the store where I bought it.