Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drowning Poll frontman Dave Williams found dead.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jesica, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    hmm... hot damn... that's odd

2. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    damn, that band wasnt bad...thats a shame :(

3. was this the band that sang let the bodies hit the floor?

4. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    I probably should follow up so I don't get any flames goin.

Why it's odd:
    1) "Let da bodies hit da floorrrr" - Sorry but that ironic.

2) 2002 has been a cursed year for rock music. Deaths and band break ups left and right.

hey, I kind like DP. not the best band, but hey. It's a shame that someone that young had to go. He stuff going for himself. Chances are drugs are the cause. Probably heroin, the drug of choice nowadays.:(

5. I may be in the minority here but I have never done Coke or herion, or X, not because I am a square or anything but maybe I think its becasue EVERYBODY GODDAMN DIES WHEN THEY DO IT!!!!

of course that is an exaggeration but hardcore drugs is something that just doesnt appeal to me. and beside I have chosen heart disease and high blod pressure to die by already

6. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes:

does this really warrant all caps? i mean, did he die in defense of the innocent? did he take a bullet for his country?

no, he screwed himself up to get high, i'll bet. what a loser. my heart bleeds, believe me. :rolleyes:

i really feel for his band. they all worked really hard to get where they were and now they're totall screwed.

7. Casey C.

Casey C.

Sep 16, 2000
    Butler, PA, USA
    Thats the thing about most smackheads, you really don't suspect them. I've known several kids that you wouldn't suspect at all.

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

9. Classy Dave.

But it's never good for anyone to die. Even if it was drug related. And it's always highly possible, given age and music industry...sucks but there's some truths behind stereotypes (but not always)

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I don't know about the use of hardcore drugs by that band (though I seriously would not doubt it, knowing today's bands and recent events), but I do know that they have long been VERY heavy drinkers. I wouldn't be shocked if alcohol played a heavy roll in his death.
    I'm not a big fan or anything, but it's a fun CD to pop in every now and then just for the hell of it.

11. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    yes..sad to hear when anyone dies.
    But when they were touring in my area, a few months ago, a local radiostation was talking about how much jager they were drinking on the tour bus. The station said they were heavy drinkers.

12. He was a big guy. It could have been a heart problem or something related to his health in general. The guy was 30 years old, so it's not out of the question. But whether it was his heart, alcohol, or drugs doesn't make a death any less sad.

13. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Damn...i liked drowning pool aswell...sinner was a kick @$$ song

RIP dude.

14. when my band saw ian from mtv say he was dead, we all asumed drugs. my singer's only response was, "if anyone from our band dies, it damn-well better be the booze!" ya, we're not into drugs much, and we're all heavy drinkers...of course, my response to that was, "****, yeah. i'm going out john bonham style-vomit and all." so sue me.

15. by the way, what ever happened to the magic number 27? hendrix, joplin, cobain...they all die at 27...

16. Lipis Roman

Lipis Roman

Mar 5, 2002
    USA
    Never heard the band but my thoughts are with his family and friends.

17. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    yeah!! didnt burton die on september 27 aswell?!?!

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    This is a bad time to say this, but I absolutely hated Drowning Pool, they were incredibly fake, not talented, and wrote the most god awful idiotic songs. But I feel really bad for everyone involved with this. Family, Friends, and his band who no doubt worked their asses off to get to where they got today only to have it taken away so quickly. Hmmm, just guessing, but I wonder if it was suicide, he always had that fake "I'm crazy" thing going on, writing "Help Me" on his knuckles and whatnot, maybe it wasn't all that fake. A lot of people actually suffer from depression and whatnot... ehh just guessing. Shame though, like I said I hated them, but I feel terrible about their loss.

19. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    damn.. saddage..(very sad)
    well..this is crazy
    i wanna know what he died from..
    i hope that dont sound wrong
    stupidmatt.. i completely understand what your saying.. i wasn't a fan of the band.. but i didn't hate em.. they were just there..and it was .. bleck.. whatever ..
    there last song that was played on muchmusic.. was kinda catchy though..
    and ..if there music made em happy.. thats all that really mattered..
    Ive always seen them though as a band who kinda just were there during the "nu metal" explosion.. with limp bizkit.. and korn.
    They appelied(sp) mostly around here to the kids.. with the puddle of mudd shirts.. and other bands that dont know how to spell words right..
    anyway.. my sympathy goes out to the family and the band members in there lost..
    i will pray for them though..
    kind of a one hit wonder kind of.. I never got into that stuff but ... if they like it.. more power to em..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.