Drowning Pool

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by John Davis, Jul 31, 2001.

1. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum, I think it's in the right one anyway. Well, here's the point of the post. Was anyone else sick of Drowning Pool the first time they heard them. Their music is just so(the 'o' goes on and on and on...) repetitive. It's Intro...Verse....Chorus...Verse...Chorus....Verse..and so on, and they just reapeat the same lyrics over and over(i.e. they sing the same verse and the same chorus over and over again).

Edit: (BW) Sorry, but that misspelled "repetitive" was making me cringe.
  2. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Yes, I think a band that has to repeat every line 8 times should stay in the garage.
  3. nah... drowning pool is awsome... "bodies is an oad to moshing" there live show is great. and they are a good band.
  4. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    When I first heard Tear Away on the radio just before they were signed, I liked the song. But, I've heard more songs of theirs and haven't liked a single one. And I'm gettng tired of that first song I heard, too...
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I've only heard, "Bodies." I didn't care about the verses because the rhythm is what the song is centered on, (or maybe I thought that because I'm a bassist).

So, what I'm saying is that the lyrics aren't important, IMO. They don't seem to add anything rhythmically or melodically to the song. They ain't no Creed.
  6. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Creed? to me the most overrated american band of these day. forgive me...
  7. rickbass

I mentioned them because their lyrics are a crucial component of their songs, not because of their musical merit.
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    The only song I have heard by them was "Bodies".....and I am damn sick of it. Also, the video pisses me off for some reason. I dunno how old their bassist is, but he looks like he's had a tough life.
  9. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i know. even if my first language isn't english, and even if make a lot of mistakes when posting i understood your point on Creed. you were speaking about lyrics. i don' want to go against you or your idea. simply, reading Creed i had the impuls on writing what i wrote. no doubt about their individual skills or other, what makes them really boring to my ears is the total lack of originality.
    but as always i could be wrong...the fact is that they sold a lot of albums and i could sell only icy lemonade on the street.
  10. rickbass

As usual, you're cool, barroso. I just wanted to make sure you understood I wasn't trying to turn this into a Creed fan club thread since my point about Pool being drum/bass-focused wasn't all that obvious.

Funny thing...they're on Creed's label.

BTW, anyone who can learn a crazy language like English has my respect.
  11. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    rickbass, I speak english, can I have some respect, please?

Anyway, I'm gonna get hate posts for this but, I don't like Creed either. But as with most bands, I have to give them credit for writing some good lyrics, and they have a real good guiarist, but that's all I can say about them
  12. I like Creed alright... but I bet they could be an awesome band if they stopped ripping off Pearl Jam and actually created a sound of their own.
  13. rickbass

Naw, yew don, yer from Chewstin, Taxes! ;)
  14. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    That's just not fair.
  15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Is it me or do they sound alot like Coal Chamber???

When I first heard them I thought they were a new band with the singer from Coal Chamber.
  16. I think that "Bodies" song is the single worst piece of crap on the radio today.
  17. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Amen. I'm kind of embarrassed to say I've shared the stage with these guys on the same bill and that there from Texas. We played a show a while back with them before they enlisted there new singer. They pretty much had attitude and there old singer got into a pissing contest with our old singer over who was doing better on garageband.com:rolleyes: Anyway I wasn't impressed themn and guess what I'm still not.
  18. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    They do sound like Coal Chamber....to an extent. But Coal Chamber is way better than Drowning Pool. The only problem I have with them is that they are so REPETITIVE, write some more lyrics, add some bridges and alterate verses and I'd be ok with them.
  19. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    they are one of the crap bands that has come along trying to be "metal". I despise them and everything else that has come along in that vein over the past 5-6 years ie godsmack, mudvayne, staind, etc etc. blech!
  20. I really, really hate the song. Have you seen the beginning of the video when the camera zooms up on his face when he starts to scream? :eek:

It looks like he's being accidentally neutered.

Oh, and their bassist has a receeding (sic) hair-line.