Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drrskt (New solo ambient project)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Drrskt. Most people probably won't dig it... the third one down is rather bass oriented... that might be dug. Meh, just me having fun being artsy.

2. good stuff...i like ambient music...right now i am digging a local band called "if thousands" (www.ifthousands.com my favorite is "traffic")

3. oh yeah, i forgot to let you know...i added Drrrskt to my myspace...that song is an experiment of mine. I finally figured out how to take a drum loop from reason to cool edit pro...then i plugged my bass into my nightbass SE and hit the record button. i didn't plan anything, which is why the majority of the song is in E. i did the guitar too, but i don't brag about that :D

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    heh, I was wondering if that was you. Killer bass tone. The drum loop is a tad boring after a while, you should program some fills and stuff. Actually, I really like your guitar tone too, and you had some good ideas in there.

5. i don't know how to do fills or that on reason...all i know how to do is to make a single 4/4 bar worth of drums, and put it in CEP, set it to a loop and drag it to the desired length. i am not too good at planning starts and stops in my songs...i like to jam on one thing for hours!
    as for tones, thats all my nightbass. i didn't know what to play on the guitar so i just remembered an adam jones quote--he said "i like to make strange noises that you can't hum along to" so i was just trying to add atmosphere!

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Oh yeah, I take a very similar approach to guitar... when my guitar isn't broken. I've got too many other projects going on to fix my guitar like school... and talkbass... and myspace... ha. I'm very bad at time management. I miss my guitar... maybe I should order that part to fix it. I think all guitarists should be forced to be bassist for a couple years of their career/lives so they can realize what good guitar is. ;)