1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drug Overdose may have messed me up...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by slapfunk987, Dec 7, 2011.

1. slapfunk987

slapfunk987

Feb 8, 2011
    Back in July I overdosed on some K2 spice and ever since I have been some weird problems that I wont get into here...

But my question is, since the overdose I havent been able to quiet my mind to listen to music.. Its like Im always thinking of something other than what Im engaged in.. When Im playing my bass, a song lets say thats 3 minutes long.. While Im playing the song Im thinking of other stuff while playing the song instead of just FOCUSING on the notes... Random thoughts just pop in, and I DO MEAN RANDOM... And the thoughts are so distracting that I mess up when playing now cause my mind is trying to be in two places at once..

I was just wondering if this is like normal for other people.. Since the overdose, my memory has been foggy to say the least and Im pretty sure I dont remember thinking other stuff other than the music when I used to play..

Just wanted to get some insight and see if this is normal for other people because I really think I may have messed up my music career, not to mention my schooling and ability to learn as well..

2. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Maybe you should talk to a doctor.

3. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    1st off... what is K2 Spice? Your doctor would know more about this kind of stuff than we would, have you talked to a doctor?

4. ghiadub

ghiadub Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Auburn, CA
  5. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    I second the Dr. or psychiatric help. It's probably cool-we've all got random thoughts that pop into our minds from time to time. It's sort of the "White Noise". People with ADHD ( I have a child with that) have a bit more. Meditation can help you to calm yourself down. So can having a sense of "being in the moment" when you play. You don't think about what's going to happen or regret what you've just played, you're just in the Now. Michael Rhodes nailed it, "You must be present to win!"

6. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    As with recovering addicts and folks that have had overdoses, it does tend to stir the mind and body for a time, so this may not be unusual. However, I would suggest visiting a neurologist regardless......

7. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Why not smoke the real **** then? that stuff has had so many man made chemicals added to it.... It's probably as bad as Meth or such...... I still say go see a doc, they should be able to prescribe you something to help this, sorry bro....

8. DBCrocky

DBCrocky

Oct 18, 2011
    Cary, NC
    Getting and keeping yourself in the right mental state for performing is a skill that probably doesn't get the attention it deserves.

9. Totally agree!

10. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    Kids today. :rollno:

11. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville
    Synopsis: I overdosed on drugs and can't understand why I may not be the same now...

12. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    You'll get back to normal, just give it time.

13. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    what? & i have random thoughts constantly. i will watch movies when gigging & think about tons of randomness while playing but it doesn't really mess me up. BUT if i think about the song i am sure to mess up. i don't know why but thinking kills me.

now my woman kicking me out did mess my playing up pretty good. i couldn't think straight for months.

14. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    You could have anything from some burned out brain cells to minor bleeding on the brain.

Go see a doctor and ask for an MRI. You need to see if anything is misfiring up there.

15. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Yes... a $3,000 scan might be a good start. :scowl:

Educate yourself first (if you can stay in focus).

16. Southpaw5

Southpaw5

Jul 18, 2009
    Boston
    Fixed lol ;)

17. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    There have been several thousands of case studies and NOT one person has ever overdosed on Marijuana.... why would you smoke this stuff with no research of possible side affects????

18. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    What, were you mainlining it or something?

19. I smoked that stuff once, all it did to me was i saw a extra outline around people for a little bit and it was the most potent of that stuff you could get.

My friends smoke it when there drinking and one friend smoked it like everyday , i have seen so many people use that and nothing. I have never seen anyone OD, you cant OD on stuff like that. You can smoke some much you freak out , i saw a girl start crying and flipping out and i saw a guy think he was drowning.

I did it once , it was stupid and never did it or will again. I am sur eit will be illegal someday but I think your problems are from soemthing else , i cant see somehting like that affecting you 5 months later.