1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

drum and bass or dub step effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by domtau7, Mar 12, 2008.

1. domtau7

domtau7

Mar 11, 2008
    ive recently bought a dr rythm dr- 880 with a load of effect pedals on including bass chrous, bass wah etc. does any one know th best combination and settings for creating a heavy sounding bass to replicate drum and bass or dubstep basslines?

2. domtau7

domtau7

Mar 11, 2008
    its a boss dr rhythm with all th major boss pedals on for bass guitar and guitar but not too hot on my technical side of things!!

3. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    How do you mean "all major boss pedals"?

To me, dub bass means low-pass filter, maybe some grit, slightly busy if laid back groove playing and the occasional bit of delay.

Dub drums would be drum track with lots of reverb and delay.

I'm having a lot of trouble getting dub delay sounds out of my DD-6 -- best attempt is a medium delay, with feedback around 11 o'clock and effect level at 1.

4. Dub delay = tape delay.

Line6 Echopark and Marshall Echohead both have really convincing tape delay models.

5. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Oregon, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Dubstep is not the same as dub.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dubstep

DnB and dubstep basslines are typically done on synthesizers, so try out some resonant filters and synth effects.

6. l_30486b5e8267205d451ef65faa32a40e.
    that is my old setup... ;)

i have to update but there are a few new efx coming...

you cloud go wild like me or...

basically a good octaver, filter and some drive will do... if you add some space or time based efx you are there... keep it simple but efficient... electronic music doesn't need that many sound in reality!!! and remember you are moving buts on the dance floor and not fooling around!!!

7. Mudshark23

Mudshark23

Jan 31, 2008
    SEATTLE
    +1 on the LP filter and some grit. if you throw delay in the mix for bass, make sure you are keeping the delay period short, otherwise the bass can get pretty messy and wash out the beats.
    i have also found that judicious use of suboctave fx goes a long with with DnB bass.
    there are plenty more FX you can throw in the mix to fine tune DnB tone, but those are a good start.