Drum Machine Precaution?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FunkyLemz, Dec 10, 2005.

1. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    So, should I be worried about messing up my bass amp/cab from the many sounds that come out of today's drum machines/modules. Has anyone had an issues when using drum machines through their setup. Are there any cautions I should be aware of when using a machine through my setup. How do you guys use your machines? Do people ever use another rig for the machine or just the same one they play there bass through?

2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    are you using it at the same time as playing bass through it? if so try to use a small mixer to avoid impedance problems. if you just use a splitter cable you can get some weird interaction between the bass signal and the drum machine.

make sure the drums are NOT distorted or sound weird. if they do turn down the drum machine output volume (use headphone out if that is the only variable volume) possibly turn down the input gain/drive on the amp.

variable volume out of the drum machine is the best especially if you intend to blend with a live bass guitar.

I use a Rolls MX-41 passive mixer I got for $35.

we use and old CArvin 600 combo for a drum monitor for our electronic drums.
  3. FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I actually dont have the machine yet, but I was planning on running it the same time. Im guessing that I should use my practice combo as an amp. Thanks for your help.
  4. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i run my rolan tr 505 into my i amp 350, and eden nav/ca9 setr ups, through the effects loop and they work flawlessly
  5. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I used to run my Boss dr 550 through my combo amp at the same time as my bass. No problems. You can also runyour drum machine through your home stereo if your stereo has an aux in jack.