Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drum machine recommendations?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stinsok, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Considering using one with a duo. I need something easy to program that can hold approx. 40 songs. Anyone using one in a similar situation?

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Music related off to MISC.

3. Roland makes good electronic drum stuff.

4. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Do you want a "drum machine" that only does drum sounds or do you want a groove box type of thing that has drums and instruments also that can be programmed? For a drums only box the Alesis box is still a really good box imo. For a groove box there are some really cool ones out there now, the yamaha qy-100 comes to mind or the boss dr-X series stuff.

5. i got given a korg ddd-5 from my music teacher at school...its as old as i am....i love it...but i still havent found out how to get it to play a pattern :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Not really looking to program any other instruments. A long time ago I had an Alesis SR-16 I was not happy with. Took forever to program and did not have enough memory for what I wanted.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Try the Zoom RhythmTrak. It's cheap and very easy to program.