1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drum machine recommendations?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Stinsok, Mar 18, 2004.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Considering using one with a duo. I need something easy to program that can hold approx. 40 songs. Anyone using one in a similar situation?

2. odie

odie Supporting Member

Music related off to MISC.

3. Roland makes good electronic drum stuff.

4. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    Do you want a "drum machine" that only does drum sounds or do you want a groove box type of thing that has drums and instruments also that can be programmed? For a drums only box the Alesis box is still a really good box imo. For a groove box there are some really cool ones out there now, the yamaha qy-100 comes to mind or the boss dr-X series stuff.

5. i got given a korg ddd-5 from my music teacher at school...its as old as i am....i love it...but i still havent found out how to get it to play a pattern :confused: :confused: :confused:

6. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Not really looking to program any other instruments. A long time ago I had an Alesis SR-16 I was not happy with. Took forever to program and did not have enough memory for what I wanted.

7. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Try the Zoom RhythmTrak. It's cheap and very easy to program.