Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drum machines with adjustable swing factor?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Gyoon, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Gyoon

Gyoon

Nov 12, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    I read an old BP back issue with an article of Mike Elizondo where he talks about getting different feels out of a drum machine my adjusting the swing percentage. (I believe he was talking about the Akai MPC3000, a drum machine that's out of my price range)

Can anybody suggest to me a good sounding drum machine that has an adjustable swing percentage, as well as velocity sensitive pads? I looked at the manual for the Boss dr-670 and it makes no mention of this feature.

Glenn

2. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Odd, because the DR-550 had it. I know because I programmed a track for someone's indie record a few years ago on a DR-550, and I selected a particular swing percentage.

Unless the old neurons are misfiring and I'm misremembering this.... Anyway, the drum machine wasn't mine and I don't have it, so I can't check this. But somebody out there should have one still.