Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drum machines?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metallicarules, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Just wondering if anyone knows of any computer programs out there where I could make decent sounding drum tracks in .wav format?
    I remember trying out a program once that was able to generate synthesized guitar tracks, which could be pretty helpful also.
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. electricdemon3

electricdemon3

Jul 28, 2000
    The one I use is Reason by Propellerhead. It has a cool drum machine simulator as well as a sampler, analog synth simulator, and loop player. It is cool because they look like hardware units in a rack, with each device going to a virtual mixer. The drum machine looks and works like an old school Roland drum machine. You can export your drum loops/songs as .wav files.

3. As electricdemon suggested, Reason is a great software program, but a little pricy. If you just want drum beats and don't need soft synths and sequencers, then you could go with something more streamlined like FruityLoops.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    The coolest drum sampleplayer is Native Instruments' Battery.
    Although you can use it as a standalone, it works best in a VST-capable host like Cubase or Nuendo.

http://213.70.166.223/index.php?battery_us

Check out the mp3 demos.

5. Yeah, I already downloaded Hammerhead, it's kind of limited though and I can't mix it with any other recordings because I can't save the tracks as .wav files, unless someone knows how?
    It works well for making simple beats to play along with when I'm practicing though.

6. Drum Machines!?! They are the scourge of the civilized music world. Well at least they won't drink your beer.