1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drum Machines

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Gopher Bob, Jul 4, 2002.

1. Gopher Bob

Gopher Bob

Nov 24, 2001
    Florida
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, i wasn't sure where it went.

I have a couple questions regarding drum machines.

Can you hook them up to a speaker?

What all can you do with one( yes i know you can make drum beats)?

What is a decent one for 200 dollars or below?

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    1) No. A drum computer has line outs. You need to hook it to mixer and/or amp.

2) Yeah. You can make drum patterns, grooves or use it as a metronome.

3) Can't really help you there - I use software drum machines/sample players - Native Instruments' Battery for example. Zoom has a cheap one but I don't know the price.

3. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    you can try some software, like for example battery, reason has a drum machine too.....

and also you can go and buy a roland beat box or some like that, maybe you can find one used for that price, but i think your 200$ are not enough to buy a good drum machine, just a decent one.

4. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    i got hip hop ejay 2, not the greatest thing on earth but its beat box/drum machine is off the heezy if u only want a simple thing to program a drum loop. believe me, it got tons of snares, hi hats, kicks, cymbals (well, actually not tons but they are enough) and theres a demo in the official site. i can give ya a link if u want, its still a demo but itll be useful if u just want to mess around a lil bit.

5. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater