1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Featured Drum Master Gergo Borlai Features 9 Awesome Bassists on New Album

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Jul 3, 2020.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    Gergo Borlai is a monster drummer and composer from Budapest, Hungary. His latest album titled "The Missing Song" is an original tribute album dedicated to influential drummers that have inspired Gergo. Best of all, the album features:
    - Stu Hamm
    - Gary Willis
    - Hadrien Feraud
    - Jimmy Haslip
    - Anton Davidyants
    - Jimmy Earl
    - Pete Griffin
    - Anthony Crawford
    - Romain Labaye

For more info and to buy/download/stream, visit Gergo Borlai - The Missing Song

500X500_TheMissingSong_GergoBorlai_AlbumArt.jpg

2. Charlzm

Charlzm

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Saw Gergo play with Stu Hamm, Mohini Dey and Tony MacAlpine at The Baked Potato, a tiny club in Universal City, a couple of years back. He is really good.

JimK and wraub like this.
  3. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    previated devert

4. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    That’s an amazing place to see an icon play a set 10 feet away from you, for 30 people. Really cool venue.

JimK and Charlzm like this.
  5. Charlzm

Charlzm

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    It is a great venue. Very intimate. I have seen some great shows there over the years.

Quick story - I was going to see Cosmosquad there this past March 13th but the venue is so small and so intimate that I thought better of it. Covid-19 restrictions came down the next day. I think I made a good call.

A band I really like (OHM) will be playing there soon, but there is no way in hell, even with reduced capacity and social distancing, that I would go back in a place that small for that long at this time. They also have some streaming tickets you can buy to watch it live, but that doesn't appeal to me.

It's going to be a long while before I go back there. Or any live venue, probably. LA is a real hotspot for the Rona right now.

JimK likes this.
  6. JPK_DK

JPK_DK

Aug 9, 2019
    It's an awesome record, for sure! Does anyone have a list of who is playing on which track? I can't seem to find that information, and it would be cool to know (at least) the bass player on each of the tracks!

Thanks!

Charlzm likes this.
  7. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I’m not going into any of those places anytime soon either, as much as I love them. Actually wonder whether a place like the Baked Potato has a future at all. I [used to] play in a few tiny places like that around here; I joked about them being petri dishes before the pandemic.

Charlzm likes this.
  8. Scott Loveless

Scott Loveless Supporting Member

May 3, 2019
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Gergo Borlai* - The Missing Song

JimK, JPK_DK and Charlzm like this.
  9. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    What a great album. I bought it. It's a very well done from a recording perspective and the playing is phenomenal (on all parts), of course.

JPK_DK and Charlzm like this.
  10. JPK_DK

JPK_DK

Aug 9, 2019
    Scott Loveless likes this.
  11. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    This album is cool, too...

Charlzm likes this.