Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drum sequencing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by mlowe, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Hi all,

Can anyone suggest good software that has some good drum patterns for jamming to. I havn't used any software on the pc or mac for years and it all seems so far advanced now.

I've noticed that there is millions of them out there now and figured you may have already sussed out the good ones.

TIA :confused:

2. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS
    I use Fruity Loops. Its fairly easy to use for what you want to do once you get the hang of it.

3. I like hammerhead, it's dead easy to use. Do a search for it on google, you'll get the page with the free download.

4. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I'll second Fruity Loops. Also if your a Mac guy iDrums is pretty much the Fruity Loops equivalent

5. Fruity Loops is fun and easy to work with. It's not the best quality, and it is limited, but it's fun to make some beats and blend them together using an editing program.

6. Thanks all of you,

I downloaded Fruity loops, acid express and will check out the others you have all mentioned.

Fruityloops blew me away....

As I haven't used any sequencing software since about 92 it's like going thru a time warp. This software is unbelieveable!!!!

The quality of the audio too. I remember spending over a grand on a turtle beach card and now thru a $30 sound card it sounds fantastic.

I guess using a combination of different apps doesn't hurt too. And as the cost in some cases is only $50US it is very reasonable.

Cheaper than a drummer who never shows up.

Thanks again, I'm very appreciative. :smug:

7. Corbis

Corbis Guest

Feb 19, 2003
    Wamego KS