Drum solo by 12 year old

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by BassyBill, Mar 13, 2006.

1. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Just picked this up in the DB Off Topic forum (yes, they have one as well!). Apparently this vid is about 10 years old, but it's well worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Apologies if it's been posted here before and you've all watched it.
  2. Damn, he's really good. I'd like to hear him play with a band.

- Dave
  3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Damn, who is that?

I think it's the kid who's video has been posted 24 times already! w00t!
  4. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
  5. Thursday

Nov 24, 2005
    Bronx, New York
    DAMN... I wish he was in my band....
  6. I saw this clip on a dvd playing in the drum room at Guitar Center. All I could do is laugh... the amount of talent that kid has is staggering.
  7. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Pff, he's no Neil Peart.

My god that kid is good. It's weird to see a prodigy before it develops. I'll bet any amount of money that he is going to be a famous drummer.
  8. +1

There's just a few regulars that basically come up weekly. This and the one armed bassist video are right up there. Retractable frets, too. Let's think of every one of those videos that has been posted at least 5 times. Brainstorm!
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Yeah, although I haven't seen any videos of him since.:eyebrow: I've been to his webite; he seems to be doing fine.
  10. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    tony royster jr.

and yes, he's a monster. i have his recent DW drums produced DVD, and the guy (21 yrs old now) kicks major butt.
  11. +1 million
  12. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Okay, so it's been posted before... I said I was sorry. AND said I knew it was old. Seems strange to me to make a redundant post about how this was a redundant post...

Vorago - 24 times?? Come on, man, I've told you a million times not to exaggerate! :D

Obviously some of us hadn't seen it - I guess the reason I hadn't was I only got broadband last month. I've seen the retractable frets one though. But not checked out the one handed bass player yet.

BTW, Vorago... we have a pub quiz question that regularly gets trotted out over here... "Name 3 famous Belgians". Who would get your vote? ;) Just curious is all, want to hear it from someone who knows.
  13. bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Count me in as one that hadn't seen this before. Wow!

What's his website and what is he doing with his skills these days?
    (edit: nevermind, found it)
  14. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    How cool is that guy!

I mean steven is DA MAN!
  15. dumbassist

Sep 5, 2005
    Thunderbird..hate to break it to you but the crazy martial art guy was doing sumthin called parkour...its a street sport... the founder is david belle...U shud see him in action...
  16. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Steven would kick his ass with a slow motion kick.
  17. Does anyone know if this kid is actually in a band? I know it's Tony Royster Jr. I've seen the video like 10,000 times and I have it on my PC, but this is the only thing I've ever seen of him.
  18. http://www.myspace.com/lazyeyeatlanta