Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drummer again!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Well, it's 12:30Am Saturday, and I'm supposed to be playing right now. It's one of our favorite places too (that I'm supposed to be playing at), it pays well, and it's 5 minutes from my house.

Our drummer never showed up. He definitely knew the details about about the gig, and we're all very concerned. He has a habit of drinking, driving, crashing, working all day, staying out all nite - and he was out drinking when he was last seen last night. We played wednesday night and he was falling apart (plus had to go to work the next day), and then he was out agian last night. Nobody's seen or heard from him, and we havent a clue. I'm really concerned.

The other guys in the band are saying if he isn't dead, he's dead because then there's no reason for this. I'm trying to remain optimistic.

He's the drummer for my cover band and The Nerve - so this has got to be dealt with with both bands. This can't ever happen again.

Will keep this thread updated. If anyone wants to throw some good vibes or prayers in this general direction, feel free. Or drummer, despite his bad habits, has always been responsible up until now.

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    our singer hasn´t showed in two rehearsals :(

and all because of his girlfriend! :mad:

hopefully we´ll have him today or else ;)

3. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Update:

He slept through the gig. Said he took a nap, set his alarm, and it didn't go off.

We're playing tonight again and he's not getting payed. The rest of the band is splitting his share because we all showed up last night and we didn't get payed.

I'm glad he's alive.

4. you're glad he's alive? he must be a good drummer then cause i would've ditched him if this habit became any worse.

Merls

5. Thats a really good way of dealing with the problem. And less illegal then murder. Not as satisfying though ;)