1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drummer problem

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Leftybass12, May 12, 2010.

1. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    So my drummer has just quit today due to being overscheduled and really having too much on his plate. So, obviously the drummer spot is open now, but where should we go now? Craigslist has been an utter failure to us.

2. DERECOLA

DERECOLA

Aug 21, 2006
    PA
    try bandmix

3. waynobass

waynobass

Feb 27, 2008
    Texas
    Programmed drum tracks on a laptop. ;)

4. Beginner Bass

Beginner Bass

Jul 8, 2009
    Round Rock, TX
    A&R, Soulless Corporation Records
    Isn't that a bit redundant?

5. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Drummer = Problem

Are there any open mics or jams you could scope out? Talk to people that play in bands, they may know a guy that knows a guy.

6. harry182

harry182

Nov 28, 2009
    England
    Put a few flyers up in music shops, guitar shops, drum shops?

even try the local paper maybe? they might have a classified section?

My band was looking for a bassist and they happed to come across me on an internet site called join my band.

have a look around, some one will pop up soon

for the mean time, Drum tracks isnt a bad idea though! i did that with my band on my 1st gig. its a bit weird at 1st and you get the feeling that your kind of mimeing, but i remember thinking. this actually works!

your timing will always be perfect and the drums will never miss a beat!

7. Greyfin10

Greyfin10

Sep 16, 2008
    Panama City, FL
    No advice, just commiserating with you. It seems that the drummer is the hardest spot to fill for my band. We can find players, but they seem to be either unwilling to learn the songs OR incompetent (pick one). Our current guy has the capability to be a monster, and I love playing with him when he's on, but he sounds about the same on most songs as he did the first time he play 'em with us (i.e. ZERO work done to polish his parts). It's frustrating in so many ways.

8. Leftybass12

Leftybass12

Nov 14, 2008
    Thank you very much for all the advice. My buddy and I are going to be going to some local jam nights, ect. in the very near future. Right now though, we are also recording originals...yeah perfect timing, so what we have decided to do with that is use a session drummer for the recording. And here's the worst part about all this......my buddy has a good drummer living next door and they've known each other for over 10 years, problem is that the drummer doesn't want to to do anything serious. Also, my buddys brother is also a drummer buy has only been playing for a few months and isn't ready for us. It's sooooo frustrating to know that.

9. Maybe a drum forum has a band member section like TB does in the classifieds. Beware though, it is a scary place, this drum forum...

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Along with the other suggestions, keep looking on cragslist as well. Ive found a lot of good musicians (mostly drummers) and contacts via CL.