Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drummers and their views on Vocalists.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by spectorbass83, Oct 17, 2005.

1. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Are all drummers as pig headed as the drummer in my band?? Here is the situation - We had a show last week. My singer was sick and had a throat infection, but still sang. Obviously not to his fullest potential but he pulled through. I usually back up sing, but didnt for this show because I had a severe flu and a throat infection. I could barely talk let alone back up sing (I play bass), and was running a fever of at least 38.5 celcius. I felt like death! Well, the drummer is pissed that the show did not go good and is blaming us. Fine, it was our fault.

But his point is this - If drummers can do a drum fill while being tired and only getting 4 hours of sleep the night before, then vocalists should be able to sing normally and go all out, despite the fact that they have a throat infection and could cause lots of damage to their vocal cords. This reminds me of the James Hetfield/Lars argument on "The making of The Black Album" lol

Your thoughts?

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Kick him in where it hurts, then ask him to play :)

3. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I've given up on changing drummers a long time ago...

4. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ

Sorry Blackbird, didn't realize that term (ba**s) was considered off limits. Was it the word itself or the context ?

5. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    next time he complains I will choke him with one of my bass strings.

6. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    To answer your question...No

Are all singers as incomprehensibly stupid as the one in MY band.....No

Moral of the(lack of) story?

Some people are jackasses......some aren't

Musicians come in all forms.....sometimes it just seems like more are on the wrong end of the scale