Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by makironi+cheese, May 26, 2003.

1. my band has been having trouble finding a drummer, i mean- we're not looking for a drummer who is super good, just one who has his own set, comes to practices, and has a good attitude towards music. In my area drummers are few and far between and the majority of them seem like they aren't serious about music. they know their rare in my parts and they act like their the greatest thing since sliced bread. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of good drummers out there, but they are all taken. So any way- any advice for finding a good drummer?

Keep on bassin':bassist:
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  3. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    YOu've got a few options that you can do.

You could always wait until you find one that has no ego, (good luck there)the same goals and visions as your band.

Approach the drummers of other bands and tell them you're looking for a drummer. One of them might not be happy with the situation they're in and audition for you.

Or you can say the hell with the guys you're playin with now and look for a band that needs a bassist.

On a side note, Id hope theyd have their own set. Kinda hard to be a drummer if ya dont have a kit.
  4. stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    not to be rude but if i knew that one id have a drummer

and while this may be hard to beleve... or maybe not, there arnt that many musicains... of any sort, i know that are serios about music.

or there just not serios as me i dont know but you get it

well i hope you find that drummer your looking for, and while your at it ask him if he knows another one
  5. so anyways- the other day i talked to this guy- and he's drummin' for us- he's all right for a biginner and he's pretty serious about music- thanks for the advice guys:D

-keep on bassin':bassist:
  6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    How to find a good drummer: be a good band :eek:

I know plenty of guys who fit your requirements. They are all busy working, they are in demand (so are good bassists, lucky for us :D )

If you were a good drummer wouldn't you want to play with good players who get good gigs?

It may be a chicken and egg problem, but that's just the way it is.
  7. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    i don't have that big of a problem now...
    once i started playing out i know alot of them..
    infact i have two in my band..one is playing bass...my girlfriend play drums and is bad azz..
    well she has a nice a....wait a min...;)

8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Where I live, it seems like you can't walk down to the convience store to buy a cuppacino and a newspaper without meeting a drummer. (good) Lead guitarist seem to be the difficult ones to find in these parts.

edit: I think what I wrote after this, I'm going to make my own thread about. ;)
  9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    well that isn't hard either for me....but find one with out an ego......:cool: not goin to happen..thats why im playing guitar..

10. Where I live there are tons of bassists (3 in my grade at school, thats ~4%), a lot of guitarists and quite a few drummers, but NO vocalists...
  11. we had a drummer...i was gonna start playing with them once i got my bass and started playing, they wanted to get rid of the old bass player and put in a n00b (me) instead cuz he was so egotistic...i jammed with them once, then the drummer moved to florida (on the other side of the damn country!) and now we are still in search... we were initially going to have 2 guitarists but Luke (one of them) might learn drums and Heeva (the other) might play guitar and do vocals along with Luke (the would be drummer) but i dunno...guess we will see how it goes...