Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ****yBassist, Dec 16, 2001.

1. ****yBassist

Nov 12, 2001
    do any bassists like their drummers?
  2. Mikkel-S

Jun 27, 2001
    Herning, Denmark
    I "love" our drummer!
    We played i 2 years now and we know each others playing style and habbits......
    We are ONE!
  3. i really like mine. he allows me to go deeper into the pocket than ever before. he also sets up for me to do quick little fills and doesn't play too loud.
  4. I dont like my drummer because he is always trying to play bass, and he is not very good. I wish he would stick to drums....... hey wait a minute..... im my drummer!!!:D :D
  5. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I play with two drummers, and I get along very well with at least one of them.
  6. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I´ve played with few drummers, and I like all of them..
  7. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I love my drummer. In fact, so does every other band! He can be a weird duck at times. I'll put it to you this way: Fishbone asked him to join earlier this year. Enrique is the MAN!:cool: He used to be the drummer for Follow For Now.
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Yes, I love our drummer too. He pushes me to be the best player I can. I usually follow him, but sometimes he'll follow me.

He's also the most hot tempered in the band, so if someone's heckling the band, he'll be the first to go kick the crap out them, leaving me relativley unscathed. :D
  9. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    the fact that i can spell my name squashed my dreams of becoming a world-class professional drummer.

they're nice guys, though :D and in my experience, always the funniest and most eccentric people in the band.
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    i´m not that connected with my drummer yet... but i do like my guitarist... he let my creativity flow and he help me write some basslines and actually ask me opinions about some new song he wrote, etc. (he has studied a lot more music than anyone in the band).

so do YOU like your guitarist?

11. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I also love my guitarist. So do about a million other people. He wrote a lot of the songs on India.Arie's album.;)
  12. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I play with Kyle, the coolest of all the drummers I have played with, and he's cool. Not only on drums, but in person. My band is thinking of bringing in a second percussionist/drummer named Kevin, alias Sleepy, and I think I get along fairly well with him, I haven't been around him long enough to accurately make the call.
  13. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    You know I've always wanted to be a percussionist, but I always get comments like, "your a better bass player or piano player, or stick to cello or something." So alas I can drum a bit, but I never got to do anything for real. I always wanted to be a bass drummer in marching band...does guys pull the coolest beats....
  14. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    i have alot to say about drummers... since the one in my band i dated for a year, and he just now decides to break it off and turn it into something horrible... the band in my signature is kinda still together (new guitarist now), but i guess even though me and the drummer are going through ****, he's an awesome drummer, and if he wasn't such a jerk sometimes (ie. he gets on everyone's back at practices, and just the way he thinks he knows it all about music), he'd be perfect.
    my dad's a drummer, and he's a really good drummer. bad temper though (too bad for u guys, it runs in the family).
  15. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Serena, dating band members tends to have a negative outcome.

I'd never do it, considering I've never been in a band with a female. :D

However, it would be peculiar to do it, either way.

Then again, I'm really sarcastic in person, and after going out with someone, I couldn't take them seriously during band practice... It just wouldn't work.
  16. My favourite drummer is my 6 year-old lad. Yep. True. He's pretty good. He's rehersed with the band a few times. Our guitarist rang me the other day saying he thinks my lad is better than our regular drummer:eek:

And, yes, get on with the guitarist fine. We've been mates for nearly 40 years.:D

17. I hate the only good drummer I know (all the other "drummers" I know don't even have a set).

He's the typical drummer that got drool on his IQ test. And he says the stupidest things like:

Why don't you calculate that (said while flailing fingers in your face)
    I'm going to ponder on home

And people that hang out with him start talking like him:mad:! But he's a drummer, and those guys are rare.:rolleyes:
  18. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    The best drummer at my school took the exit exam and graduated early. He was an a-hole anyway.

My personal favorite drummer is that little machine next to my metrenome. :D
  19. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    My drummer is awesome. He's like Dennis Chambers Jr. You'd never know he was a drummer though, because he doesn't drool and you can have intelligent conversations with him.

20. Wow, is everything in Japan opposite in America?

Do hamburgers eat people?