1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Drummers

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Back'N'Black, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Back'N'Black

Back'N'Black

Sep 25, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I didnt know where to post this, and search revealed suprising nothing. Did I search wrong?

Anyway, I had never jammmed with an actual live drummer. I'm mainly a songwriter (amatuer) and looking to form/join a band as a bass player. For the first time at 45 years old I played with a pro drummer. Wow! He was like a machine, so easy to find the groove with. Better then a drum machine. Nice guy.

Please someone point me to where this area of discussion is.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    This forum is probably as good as any. Live drummers will definitely help you get it together as a bassist. Drum machines are too predictable. They're good to practice with but you learn the ins and outs of playing by working with drummers. Drum machines don't know when to lay back or push the beat.

3. LaklandBass

LaklandBass

Jan 26, 2005
    IL
    always watch the drummers foot. it helps quite a bit.

4. The musical relationship between bass player and drummer is key to the success of the musical group, whatever style. I try to stay on the same page as the drummer first and foremost, and then I listen to everyone else.