Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drums and tuba

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by melvin, Mar 21, 2002.

1. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Has anyone heard these guys? And do any of you know where I could hear an mp3 or anything?

2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

What is/are "Drums and Tuba"? Is it a band or a recording or what? They sound like a marching band by the name. Can you give us more information?

3. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, being a former snare drummer for the carolina crown (drum and bugle corps), i can tell you that you can get some pretty interesting sounds between percussion and low brass ;) i would be interested to learn more about this drums and tuba mehownself :D

4. Drums and Tuba is a band with a drummer, tuba player, and a guitarist. (The tuba player also does some keyboards, looping, and trumpet). They're mostly instrumental. I've seen them twice, once opening for the Frog Brigade and Galactic, and once opening for Oysterhead. Their website is http://www.drumsandtuba.com/ . I don't know if there's sound samples on there or not, but I'm sure you can find them somewhere online. I have two of their CDs; while they vary a lot in style, I guess you could say it's some kind of really weird drugged out repetitive dance music. They're cool live, though- a lot of the songs take a while to build up, but it's great.

And Neptoon- glad to see a fellow drum & bugle corps member (my third year this summer) on the boards.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, right on! which corps?

6. melvin

melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Thanks funk engineer

7. Glassmen hornline.

8. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    Yeah, Drums and Tuba is great. Although I have to be in a certain mood to listen to some of their stuff.

Nice to see TWO fellow corps members. I march Contra for Spirit.

9. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, Spirit isn't too far from Crown...cool deal

10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Drums & Tuba are badass!!!!! They are on Ani Difranco's indi Righteous Babe lable.......sonicly some very hip stuff:cool:

11. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    wow, lots of corps folk here. Unfortunately, I'm not one (yet) but am interested in the whole thing and may get into it soon enough.

12. BassWizard55

BassWizard55 Guest

Dec 21, 2002
    Rome, Ga
    MontyP, don't not march. If you know what I mean. It's a great experience, and I know it changed my life. Go out and bust your butt, and have fun.

13. BassWizard55- Check your PM box.

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    drum corps is by far one of the most coolest things i've ever done...yeah, you'll get whipped by the Cadets and the Cavliers, but hey,. it's a way of life :D

15. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I know... I don't really have the means right now (instrumental skills, time, age) but likely will in the future.