1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drunk People Hitting on YOU at the Gig.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by ErebusBass, Apr 30, 2009.

1. ErebusBass

ErebusBass

Feb 20, 2008
    Madison, WI
    Inspired by this:
    I was rolling on the floor laughing when I visualized this, and I was thinking that there have to be more stories like this.

I want to hear them.

I don't have one of my own to share, but let's hear your worst (best) stories about the hotties who wanted to have their way with you, but had a little bit too much sauce to do it effectively.

2. This will be a short thread....we are all bass players. LOL j/k

I had a girl flash me once while I was on stage, then she tried to talk my ear off while I was tearing down and the end of the night, but my wife was standing right there so I knew I was safe......boring story I know, but thats it for me.

3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Happened twice. I married one and the other was a few months ago when I was doing a fill-in gig. Guess she didn't see my ring.

4. wildhorse

wildhorse

Mar 15, 2009

Sometimes they just don't care. :)

5. Absentia

Absentia

Feb 25, 2009
    nope, never happened.
    :bawl:

6. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    A friend of mine was at our last show and she hadn't been to one in a while and came up to me after the show and said 'You still got it!!". She said that at every show she's been to there's always been at least one cougar in the back talking all about me.....fortunately they usually don't attack.....

7. MooseLumps

MooseLumps

Nov 4, 2007
    Portland
    Never happens to me. I look like a bass player.

8. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    i had a drunk girl in the front row point to me & proclaim "I am going to F you tonight" my girl was standing right next to her.

it kind of makes you feel good to have a woman throw herself at you. esspecially since it NEVER happens.

9. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm big, fat, and ugly. On top of that, I play bass. Chicks don't generally want to ride the ole "Tower Of Terror" if you know what I'm sayin.

There are a couple of very hot chicks that like to take "Stage Rides" when I'm pedaling on a low D. That always brings a smile to my face as well as to theirs.

10. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Me, too. Fortunately, that's what my wife likes. Bonus for me - she's significantly younger than me. Score!

11. Knifedge

Knifedge

Jan 24, 2009
    I have actually had a female follow me to about 20 straight gigs in a two month time period. Decent looking girl, a little older, I think she was more lonely and thought maybe I was single. Turns out she is a nurse for a plastic surgeon here (she had massive implants) and she finally worked up the courage to find out if I was taken. I told her I was.. haven't seen her since.

And even though I am married, and I openly tell them, to most of them, it doesn't matter, it makes it more of a sport for them I think.

12. maggot_me

maggot_me

Mar 20, 2009
    maggot me
    omg i was carrying my bass in spencors and then an old lady smacked my but and said hey in a smoker voice and i dropped on my knees and cried screaming ahh my eyes.....i got kicked out, and got put in mall jail
    .....***

13. dokazaado

dokazaado

Mar 25, 2009
    Empty Hills
    in addition to playing bass, I also dj a bit, playing old funk and soul,
    and that tends to draw out the attacking drunk broads more than my bass gigs do-
    it's much easier for them to talk to you/hump yer leg whilst mixing.

14. Wesley R

Wesley R Supporting Member

We had set up earlier in the day we were to go on stage right after the male dancers. We waited in the bar area with a few old men while 200+ mostly drunk women watched the male dancers. When the doors flew open we had to shove our way to the stage with theese women grabbing/patting/squezzing us. It was like a scene from a maovie and a very intersting gig for a single 30 year old guy!

Same band a year later, playing our regular 1st and 3rd weeken at aboxing club whorehouse county bar. Lotsa fun, low dough. We kinda sorta new the regulars and there was this group of four women that liked our band. One night the Brown eyed one is way drunk. We break and on my way to the bathroom, she stops me in the middle of the dance floor, grabs my cowboy hat, puts it on and start hanging on me, great fun actually.
    She leans back and starts to unbutton my shirt and play with my chest etc. By this time any resemblance to proffesionalism has left me. About the time she starts undoing my bely, I tap her friends shoulder. The other three drag her off of me and I compose myself. The rest of the night she is dancing suggestively in front of me. I ocasionally would do a pelvic thrust her direction or lick my lips. She would start toward the stage, but her friends would drag her back.

15. We were playing a club that has a younger client base..ie. young hot college coeds and two heavily intoxicated young ladies needed to "play with the band" for a song or two. They were all over everyone in the band. I didn't mind, it's part of my job to entertain. So the big firm 20 y/o breasts that were all on me didn't bother me. I did miss a note, OK, maybe two. The other young lady crawled in between the lead singers legs and was jammin' laying up against the monitor. I hope she had the appropriate undergarments on, if not, the drummer got a early birthday dance. I was just doing my job, entertaining the massive crowd when, I looked down in front of the massive crowd, and there was a buddy of mine's daughter looking at me with a most dissappointing look. They are good friends of our family. I kinda shrugged and returned to my job. The flashes from her friends camera were a bit distracting as I had flashes of my wife's divorce attorney showing the pictures to the judge. I never saw the pics.....all is good......for now.

16. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    What is a "Stage Ride"?

17. I have one. . . This really good lookin chick was eying me all night while I was onstage with my blues/rock band, I was there with my girlfriend and she was eying her too?? well after the show she comes up to me and says "if you take me home with you and your girl, I'll show you the best time you've ever had. . . all night". Well I thought about it, and then declined cuz this chick is pretty much a local barfly that throws herself at ALLOT of people. turns out she made the same proposition to my girl like 3 times while I was on stage. And then a couple months later I was playing with my improv group at a different bar and she tried again!!! she was persistent to say the least, last time she showed up at a gig she eyed, but didn't ask so I think she got the picture(or maybe she wasn't drunk enough) LOL

We've had one other chick propose the same situation at a gig and if my girl was into that sort of thing I would have jumped on that opportunity in a heartbeat cuz this one was HOT!!! but no dice, but hey I went home and got laid regardless :)

18. spigmu

spigmu

Mar 25, 2009
    Brooklyn, NY
    A few years ago there was this drunk guy who kept showing up at gigs and hitting me. After a wh...Oh wait, hitting ON you.

Nope.

19. Krause

Krause

Mar 17, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB.
    A gig we had a couple years ago this really drunk 18 year old girl (18 is legal here in Canada) got up on the stage and started dancing in front of me (strange since I play in a death metal band). She was grinding up against my bass, she made it very diffuicult to play. The security guy comes up asks her to get off the stage, and looks at me and says sorry I have to do my job.

2 songs latter the same girl and a friend of hers both get on the stage start grinding me again and take their shirts off. So I got 2 girls dancing loppless up against me, my drummer is laughing his a** off and my guitar player/vocalist is staring while trying to sing. The security comes back on stage says to me "sorry dude I wish I didn't have to do this" and asks them to get off the stage, they refused, slipped their phone numbers into my pocket, and got dragged off the stage.

That was an interesting night.

And yes they were hot.

20. I love Canada. When I was 18 I used to ride my motorcycle up there and go to the clubs. Oh the memories. (that was 16 years ago)