1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drunken rules

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by disenchant, Aug 30, 2007.

1. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I went out with my creative team to Medieval Times last night! (For those of you who don't know, it's a big castle where you are served medieval fare and you watch jousting and swordfighting medieval-style. It's a bit Disneyland-ish but can be fun!) We ordered drinks on the company in these glasses that were almost as big as my head. It wasn't quite as big as my head, but really not much smaller either. The glass would have made a good home for a goldfish.

I wobbled around carrying the glass. It was quite a trick to maneuver it to the table! It was then we made the Drunken Rule that one should try not to eat or drink things bigger than one's head.

Drunken Rule #1. Don't eat or drink things larger than your head.

Now, it's easy to point out that watermelons are indeed bigger than most people's heads. But WHO tries to eat an entire watermelon? No one! Therefore watermelons don't count as "food larger than one's head." One should not try to eat a slice of watermelon larger than one's head.

Have you ever made any Drunken Rules?

glass.

2. what about a yard of beer? it's most definitely narrower than ones head but much, much longer

there must always be exceptions!

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    So I am a no one now eh? And after I believed you that you liked my cowbell...

4. I want to party with you, disenchant.

5. Just the ol' standby, "no puking on the carpet".

There was talk of banning Sharpies. In reality, a far too enjoyable way to be mean to your friends to ever get rid of.

6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah... I am not big fan of carpets either...

7. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    Rules?

No pissing on the walls, and no knives longer than 6 inches.

fun times.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    passing out with your shoes on makes you fair game for anything, and you can't get mad or retaliate when you wake up.

9. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

That standard of measurement poses a dilemna for a Viking-at-heart such as myself. I brew mead (like the Vikings of old) and I like to drink that mead out of the skulls of our male victims after we rob and kill them (we don't do that to the females; we just rape them ;) ).

So, how do I compare the size of a human skull to the size of a human head? :confused: I think that's some kind of paradox.

:D

10. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    They don't use silverware since it was not available in the medieval era, but they have pepsi?

11. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    What I really don't understand is, you say that you shouldn't drink anything bigger then your head and then compare the glass to quarter... Is your head same size a quarter?

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Yeah, what were they thinking... They need to serve Coke...

13. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Medieval Times is badass.

14. froovs

froovs

Mar 17, 2005
    scotland
    i went to a thing like that in Majorca when i was little

it was good fun

jeez my dad got sooo blootered on the jugs of red wine they were passing around

cheers
    Lucy

15. When very drunk:

-no dairy
    -no Facebook. It might seem like a good idea at the time, but it's not.

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    You forgot most important rule of them all... Don't let friends dial drunk...

17. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I said the glass was not as big as my head. My head is slightly larger.

I thought the standard "see how big/small this is" was to put it next to a quarter? That's why I always bring quarters with me on dates.

18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I remember the scene from the "Cable Guy" where they went there. I never thought it was a real place.

So what kind of food do they serve? Is it just like the way it is depicted in the movie?

As far as drunken rules, back when I was drinking heavily we used to have a rule that we only drink cheap beer after everyone is drunk.

-Mike

19. Never drink a 12 pack of st. polly girls and eat nearly an entire bag of hershey kisses for dinner.

20. disenchant

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I don't remember anything from Cable Guy but they give you soup that you drink, then garlic bread, then a big 1/2 a chicken and a rib and a potato. It's really good food and you have to eat with your hands.

It's quite Disneyland, everything is decorated to look like a castle--it IS a castle--and the people who work there try to speak in English accents but remember they're getting paid like $8 an hour so you're getting that type of service and that caliber of acting. BUT if you look beyond the hokey acting and get a really large drink you're all good to go! The horse tricks and the jousting is pretty cool!