1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Drunkest person you've ever seen at a concert

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Waffles and Scotch, Mar 26, 2013.

1. As a spin-off of the drunkest guy/gal at the bar thread, let's hear some stories of the drunkest/most impaired person that you've ever seen at a concert...

Back in '99 some friends and I went to Livestock, a weekend long concert/party at a campground near Zephyrhills. Friday night we arrived, and the concert didn't start until Saturday morning, so we had some time to kill. My buddy and I are sitting in the front seat of his car around midnight when we see one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed. There was a guy in a tent about 20 feet in front of us. Over the course of about 10 minutes we watched his tent slowly collapse on him. A few minutes later we see him unsuccessfully try to stand up a couple times, see some random arm flailing, then he manages to unzip the tent. He tries to stand up again, pukes, slips and falls down. After a couple more tries he makes it to his feet, walks over to his truck (at least I assume it was his) and starts chugging something. Upon closer inspection we realize it's a large bottle of citronella oil! He sets it down, turns towards us and starts violently puking. After a minute or so he stops, walks back to his tent (where he'd vomited a few minutes ago), crawls in the collapsed tent and goes back to sleep.

The next day we spoke with him for a few after he got cleaned up...seemed like a pretty nice guy! Not sure if he remembered anything from the night before...

2. Error

Error

Dec 10, 2012
    I was at Summer Slaughter this last year, and Cannibal Corpse, the headliner was playing. This man, who seemed to be in his 40s-50s was delirious. He was either drunk as hell or insane. All I could hear was him crying the band's name while he tried to claw his way closer to the stage. He was literally crying, pushing his way through sweaty teenagers moshing trying to lessen the distance between him and CC. Weirdest thing I've seen at a show.

3. Me, in a mirror, when I went to the bathroom. On a high note, it wasn't me playing!

4. 48thStreetCustom

48thStreetCustom

Nov 30, 2005
    Colorado
    +1

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Jimmy Buffet concert in '03. There was a guy on the grass (big hill at the back of the venue) who was so drunk that he passed out before the show even started. The crowd pretty much rolled him down the hill and dragged him back up the whole show. He was even featured on the big screen and Jimmy got a good laugh out of it. I stayed the whole show and he had woken up by the end, but all he could do was lay there.

6. Two episodes come to mind:

1) In line at the Rolling Stones @ the Cow Palace in 1980. Girl in moccasins and tight faded jeans puking all over herself and her feathered hair.

2) A knucklehead at a Primus / Red Hots show at the Omni Room in Oakland about 1989. $30 tickets. One guy stood in back pushing people into others and trying to start fights. He was ejected shortly after throwing a folding chair into the crowd. Bands hadn't even started yet.

7. A few years back, I went with my buddy to a !!! (Chk Chk Chk) concert. Everybody was dancing, having a great time. But there was this somewhat bigger, sweaty, hammered chick grinding on us one after the other. She had a huge poof of hair in my face, and her necklace kept getting stuck to my shirt. Eventually, she got up on stage and started dancing like a maniac, did a stage dive, was carried maybe 6 feet from the stage, and then dropped head-first onto the floor. She just lay there unconscious until a few guys carried her off the floor.

8. Huh. I can say I've never been that guy. I have been the dude on the couch that doesn't move all night for one reason or another.

Drunkest dude I've ever seen at a show was in the pit having fun and then stopped... Just stood there and then for no reason other than gravity just fell face first. Like his whole body hit the floor at the same time. It was surreal and hilarious.

9. Ive seen a few people passed out in the sun and stuff at Donnington, but the best one that comes to mind is during Faith No More there a few years back. Stood next to a near naked dude who barely knows what's going on. He's having a swell time though. He then turns to me and shouts, "I HOPE I REMEMBER THISH MAAAN, I'M REVIEWING IT FOR THE TIMESH!"

10. packhowitzer

packhowitzer 155mm of pure destruction

Apr 20, 2011
    Atlanta
    I played a gig in LaGrange GA in this little hole in the wall with my cover band. When we were still soundchecking before a 4 set night, there was this woman who was already so drunk she was hitting on the band during soundcheck. she was kind of "dancing" to the music and showing us that she was only wearing a dress and nothing else (trust me- not a pleasant sight). By the second set she was just obliterated. Her boyfriend got into some altercation that quickly turned into a 5 or 6 person brawl. Someone tried to hit him with a pool cue- but SHE (being so intoxicated) tried to get in the middle of the fray. She stepped into the meat of the swing of the pool cue and it snapped off across her face. She went down like a bag of dirt. The whole time the manager is motioning for us to keep playing. As the song was over (smithereens "girl like you" lol), and the place got quieter- i could hear the manager saying to her female friend who was tending to her- "y'all take her out of here before you call the ambulance. The cops said if they have to come out here again, they'll shut us down." It was just bananas, but that girl was WASTED. i feel certain she woke up missing teeth and having no idea how.

11. bassbully

bassbully Endorsed by The PHALEX CORN BASS..mmm...corn!

Sep 7, 2006
    Blimp City USA
    Drunks at concerts I have a ton of them. In early 2000 I was a concert security worker/ supervisor for almost two years before I was injusred at a show and retired :p in the 2 years I did over 75 shows from small venues to larg Oz fests... national stages etc. I did from the Monkey's, Slayer to skinhead bands. I had done this kind of work on and off for a few years in my younger days as well.

There are allot of stories where we had to have the ambulance take people out since nobody knew who the person was or would say they knew them if they did. We found them face down in parking lots, bathroom stalls everywhere and they were out cold and on what..who knew? .
    There was no way we could find out what they were on or really help them so away they go with the squad.

One that stands out was in Toledo Ohio about 2000 I think Kid Rock was just getting big and was playing a hockey arena there it held like 6-7 thousand people, Fuel and Buckcherry I think were the openers. There was a guy in the crowd in a wheelchair (not a first) who was very drunk and pretty insistent he get to the front of the baracade so he could see. Most people in chair sit up in the seat area or there are areas for them but he wanted to be on the floor where of course he will be looking at butts all night not the stage.
    The problem was he was drunk and pushing his chair forward causing it to dig into peoples legs as he continued to try to push forward. A few times some other drunk would help push him and make the matter worse.
    After we got a few complaints I entered the crowed with a few guys and warned him to stop this now and that we would provide him a place to see the show. He would have no part of it and said he would chill. Some people told us to leave the poor guy alone..little did they know.
    He continued to try to move forward and hurting people and I said... ok..enough!

Before we could reach him he was swinging at people and woman said he was grabbing their butts and putting his hand thru their legs touching their..:) four of my guys myself included picked up him and the wheelchair and carried him about 75 feet thru the crowd while they were rocking out to Fuel .....not easy to do. As we carried him he was twisting and punching our hands but we had on heavy gloves and never really felt it. The crowd on the floor cheered when we got him finally out and carried down the stage loading ramp , out the door into the night. I hated to do it but...he deserved it.