Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Drunkish for the first time ever...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matt Till, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    MMm, I don't get it? What's the big deal. I mean, I'm not trashed right now, but I am a bit "whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa." Typing is a bit of a challange right now. I threw down 2 sizeable Metropolitans rather quick and here I am. Drunkish.

What's the big deal? I mean, I just feel tired and dizzy. I just kinda want to go to bed... so what give folks? What makes this so enjoyable. I'm not going to jump right out and say get high instead... but what enjoyment comes from this depressant? Do we like to feel stupid? Partakers in the partakeables, come to the defense of your devil water.

*drunkish*

2. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think that's exactly the thing about drinking.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It all makes sense now. But I like to be goofy stupid not "Uh oh, someone took out part of my brain that helps me do things good" stupid.

But I can reach that state of mind without substance abuse. I guess it's back to the sXe / Minor Threat...

4. That feeling of complete abandonment of all duties and irresponsibilty can be nice for a while. And also scary sometimes. I'm glad I stopped drinking.

5. Last time I went drinking I threw up everywhere and it sucked (well, it didn't UNTIL I threw up). Now I can't even take a sip of alcohol without wanting to throw up, but I don't care cuz after that night I decided not to drink anymore.

6. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    Drinking socially is quite a bit different. You feel funnier, better-looking, and more charming. Your personality gets bigger; you're more you than you ever are otherwise. You interact with your environment in fun and novel ways. Things that you wouldn't normally do seem like great ideas.

(Then you wake up the next day realizing that you made an ass of yourself, but no matter.)

7. My brother has demonstrated that quite well.

8. RoyQBiv

RoyQBiv

Nov 8, 2002
    Bellingam, WA
    As have I, as have I.

9. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    <--- hungover

10. I was gonna drink last night but instead I brought in the New Year totally baked while watching South Park - Didn't even plan on drinking or smoking anything either, so I made out good...

11. Oh yes , about a year ago i tought the same. Most people don't know when to stop. Well , it's 4:50 a.m now and it's the second night that i'm drunk but i'm still o.k
    I think you just need to know when to stop...

12. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    New Years Hangover :crying: :crying:

13. I would of stopped, but I was too drunk to realize I was downing more and more shots.

14. No hangover, just really tired.

The Peppermint Schnapps was very good, though.

Rock on
    Eric

15. Well , you'll learn from such experiences ( at least most people )

16. Yea...I don't plan on drinking again anytime soon. My friend ended up doing the same thing I did and slept all night in the bathroom cuz that's where he ended up passing out at last night.

17. different people react differently to different drugs. Some people get energy from alcohol. It doesn't put me to sleep, that's for sure, but I would rather burn... ;)

18. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I've never consumed enough alcohol to even be buzzed, because I hate being around drunk assholes. I've never seen a positive to drinking enough alcohol to alter your sense of reality. Last night, I had to be a designated driver to a drunk that vomited all over himself, covered from his face to his ankles who kept muttering death threats and couldn't even stand up. I have leather interior. It didn't look like he had fun, and I don't want to be the burden he was.

19. Good idea. I guess, after the holidays it's time to get serious again

20. matt this thread is hilarious! you and me get the same exact way when we drink as far as i can tell. seeing the stuff you typed looks just like stuff i would say/type when im drunkish. good stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.