1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DSMnoisemaker OmniCabSim

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DoNotGotDjently, Mar 5, 2016.

1. DoNotGotDjently

DoNotGotDjently

Jan 1, 2014
    Hi bassists of the Internet!

I wanted to give heads up to DI-based rig users on the OmniCabSim by DSMnoisemaker!
    (If you only play bass with an amplifier because that's the only way to play bass for you, you might want to read another post)

I've always been a fan of going direct when playing live for the sake of portability and efficiency. My current setup could seem pretty un-appealing for most of you. It's mainly a MXR compressor and a Darkglass B7K preamp. After a while of wondering what could complement my rig, I found out about Cab Simulators and I decided to give a shot to this new Chilean company, that totally deserves some love.

So far, I've been nothing but impressed by it!

I play with different basses and different tones and wanted something versatile like the B7K to create my own sounds, not a preset-based simulator. And this pedal is a keeper! I see it as an EQ voiced to compliment a preamp, but the way it shapes the sound is really difficult to put into words. It also brings the sound in your face with a subtle compression, just like a real cab.

It was really the missing piece of gear in my rig. I feel more in control and confident with my tone. (My soundguy is happier as well)

You can find more infos on DSMnoisemaker's website : OmniCabSim Tweakable Cabinet Simulator – DSM Noisemaker

Cheers \m/

Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    ProfFrink likes this.
  2. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
  3. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    This post reads like an advertisement, not a real post with useful & specific info. I was considering the product, but not if you are affiliated and are going to start spamming and creating noise. If you are attempting to advertise under the radar, why don't you post something meaningful, like a new demo of how it brings out a baseline in the mix, or a comparison with a mic'd rig? This doesn't make me want to spend my money on this product.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  4. The pedal builder has posted in the other thread started by Doug from Darkglass. This is a different account. I had a brief conversation with Daniel of DSM and this thread doesn't resemble my past conversation at all. I wouldn't assume that the OP is affiliated with DSM. I'm not saying he's not, I just wouldn't assume that he is.

5. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    You are correct, and I have edited my post to more accurately reflect the info I mean to portray.

Orion1985 likes this.
  6. NoxNoctus

NoxNoctus The Crushinator

May 9, 2004
    Annapolis, MD
    Good review, how nice! Like it so much it''s in your profile picture?

Speaking of nice, after I post, I like to enjoy a nice tall glass of Mococoa drink. Mococoa has all natural cocoa beans from the upper slopes of Mount Nicaragua. No artificial sweeteners!

Not Affiliated with Mococoa or its subsidiaries. May cause cancer in labratory mice in California. No purchase necessary unless you want to purchase Mococoa, in that case, have at it.

DirtyDuke likes this.
  7. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    What the hell are you talking about? Who are you talking to?

NoxNoctus likes this.
  8. DoNotGotDjently

DoNotGotDjently

Jan 1, 2014
    Sorry guys! Changed my post and picture so everyone should feel safe about it! (And my account)

9. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    Mine came in today.

53631581-B465-4D95-9D72-AF6E5607F173_zps2abvqxjp.

10. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    Seriously.....the warning?

010B61F6-6545-44B8-A30C-161FE292211D_zpsooql2uos.