Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

DT " Master of Puppets"

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by hvacfreak, Apr 30, 2004.

1. hvacfreak

hvacfreak

Feb 12, 2004
    I just got this today , ordered online about a week ago , very cool. I don't know exactly when this came out , but if your into Dream Theater and old Metallica , this is worth the money. Ytsejamrecords.com. It's a live recording from 2002 in Spain , and they play the entire album. Sorry if this is old news , but it kicks major Ross !!!

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I have seen the video of them playing Sanitarium, it's great till James Labrie starts singing.

3. hvacfreak

hvacfreak

Feb 12, 2004
    Think of it this way , Hetfield singing " Under a Glass Moon ". Or Hamett playing " Glass Prison ", lol.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Never heard those songs, are those DT songs? Not a cut against Labrie, I realize he is singing out of his style. I just dislike his voice and his singing style. I'm not a huge DT fan, I have their first album (disliked the singer on this album too) and one other; neither do anything for me.

5. DT's downfall, imo.

6. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    definitely. really don't mind him on some songs at all, but if he wasn't around they would be a hell of a lot bigger than they already are.

7. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I saw the video of DT doing 'Master Of Puppets'. Everything was perfect, but the singing just plain ruined it. I have heard a lot about Dream Theater since joining this site, so I figured I'd give 'em a listen. I listened to Metropolis and loved it, but Master Of Puppets put me right off of them. I may just give them another chance if anyone could suggest some of their better songs. :)

~Graeme

8. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    The glass prison kicks ass man, pull me under is good, this dying sould, stream of consciousness, honor thy father and as i am are good also.

9. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Peruvian Skies is my favorite.

10. SlavaF

SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

I agree, Train Of Thought is great stuff!