Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

dtr-1 & 400+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jugdish, Oct 5, 2000.

1. jugdish

jugdish

May 25, 2000
    Orange County
    I had a question about running a dtr tuner and a mesa 400+.
    Right now I am using the effects send with the blend on 0 and no return line. But when I stop playing the tuner is working like I'm tuning my bass. My question is: Do I need the return line or have I not hooked this up right at all?
    Thanks a bunch

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    what do you mean by "working like i am tuning my bass"? i have that tuner, and it always is moving around, trying to distinguish a note from whatever signal or noise is on the line. is that what you are seeing?

otherwise, that setup sounds like you're fine - don't hook up anything to the return, definitely. that'll just add noise.

3. jugdish

jugdish

May 25, 2000
    Orange County
    What I meant was that after I stop playing the LED scale starts scanning and registering notes that I'm not playing because I've turned the volume on my bass down to zero.

4. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Yeah, cool, huh? Just because we stop giving it input doesn't mean it doesn't keep looking for and coming up with results, no matter how meaningless. Mine does, too.

I also notice that when I mute my rig, but leave the preamp, bass, and tuner on, it's fun to see what notes are predominating on the jukebox during a break, as the appropriate strings on the bass are resonating and being reflected on the DTR-1.

5. brewer9

brewer9

Jul 5, 2000
    I use a Furman in-line tuner and it does the same thing with the lights moving about. As long as it works as a tuner when you're tuning then i'd say it works fine.

PS: i like my furman cuz it has an amp mute button on the front, so i can tune up through my system without any noise. Maybe they all do this, but it sure is cool.

6. jugdish

jugdish

May 25, 2000
    Orange County
    Cool thanks a lot everyone.

7. i think its ok . you can also use your balanced direct out used for recording to link the tuner and no noise should occur.....