1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

DTR-1000 and DTR-1 rack question

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by murkywave, Mar 31, 2006.

1. murkywave

murkywave

Mar 31, 2006
    I bought these units, one from retail, the other on eBay.

I seem to remember seeing these display a "knight rider" effect where the LED bounces back and forth continously (not sweep tuning mode). Does anyone have any knowledge of such a "feature"?

It seems trivial and superficial...it is, actually...but I bought this tuner to look cool on stage. If I'm going to pay this much for a tuner, I want it to do what I am looking for.

2. bannedwit

bannedwit

May 9, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    no clue but it seems interesting...

Grab the manual from Korgs website... they talk about the cent, hertz and strobe tuning. You may be out of luck because they have a DTR-2000 which has way more features... www.korg.com

3. Steve

Steve

Aug 10, 2001
    If it bounces back and forth continuosly, how will you know if you're in tune?

My Korgs will swing to center most of the time and bounce around occaisionally if you play faster than it can track.

You can set it to strobe mode and it will chase itself all night long if you want but it's so sensitive you'll never be able to turn around and know if you're in tune or not.

In any case there will be enough of a light show to mezmerize your drummer and you will soon tire of people asking you what the lights are all about.

Fear not. You will be cool.

4. murkywave

murkywave

Mar 31, 2006
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it-

I can't really describe the "mode" I was referring to any more accurately...I have a feeling that it was just some idling or test mode. Who knows. Anyway, yeah-- these units light up like Christmas trees. I'm happy with them even if they don't go all Knight Rider.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Just use the normal tuning mode (not strobe) and leave it plugged into the tuner out while you play. The light will go back and forth trying to track each note. It won't be in a steady rhythm, but it'll give you the effect you're looking for.

When I used to go to concerts (usually jazz) before I knew about rack tuners, it'd drive me nuts trying to figure out what the hell that moving light in the amp rack was, because it didn't even move in rhythm with the music. Now I hope mine has the same effect on other people.

6. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I have a DTR1000... As long as you have your tuner wired-up to your amp, press the button on the upper left corner... 'Display'... and there you have it... at least I think that's what you're looking for... also, what will happen is, as you're playing along... at times whenever you hit a quarter-note or longer, the thing will display the note you're playing at that moment... I get a lot of 'ooohs & awhhs' comments from those who've checked-out my rack...

Click here and download a pdf owners manual:

http://www.korg.com/service/support.asp?A_PROD_NO=DTR1000

Hope this helps... ;)