Dual bass gig bag?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Skorzen, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Any body know of a dual bass gigbag besides the one made by Undercover Cases? I really like the Idea, but the $200 :eek: for one of the undercovers sounds like a lot to me.
  2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Any decent double gig bag is going to cost you. I've got a Reunion Blues that's still hanging on after year of abuse and 3 trips round the world.

Remember, you're not just protecting two basses from the world with a double gig bag, you're also protecting them from each other. The need for quality construction and padding is quadrupled with a two bass bag.
  3. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    I use a levys and have been happy with it.
  4. fender make one of those for around $55, go to musicians friend or and check out. I have one and I like a lot.

Jose Neville
  5. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    Thanks for the input, how well padded is that fender case? It is about what I am looking for but it seems to be "too cheap" I duno when all the others I have seen are 200+ Fenders for 50 makes me wonder.
  6. I can't say enough good stuff about the Undercover bag (thanks Gard. :D).

Honestly, I can't think of ANY flaws in the bag, and if there are any, I haven't noticed/encountered them yet.

Of course, it's easier for me to say this because my parents got the bag for me... :p
  7. When buying a gig bag it's never a good idea to be frugal. The undercover bag will protect your basses very well. How much do you think it will cost to fix a marred finish or chunk out of the fretboard or broken tuning gear? Much more than the difference in price of the bags. I have had my original Tobias gig bag (made by undercover) for twelve years. Cheaper bags won't last that long.
  8. punkfunkfreak

Dec 16, 2001
    Whatever one you get make sure it has either side panels or a padded inner-zip.....because alot of bags just let the zip rub against the guitar at the extreme edges/corners. They seem to forget that where the zip is...i,e the edges, are the most vulnerable parts of the guitar and a line of metal teeth arent going to protect it much in a collision.

9. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    The ones made by Mooradian and Levy's are also very nice. Both of them have 1" padding, large pockets and padded shoulder straps.

Neither of them should cost you more than $150 street; the Mooradian I looked at was $140.
  10. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I got a Mooradian, and it rocks. I think I paid $125 for it about 4 years ago. I highly recommend them.

Chris A.:rolleyes:
  11. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    I have an undercover double gigbag that I got from that wierdo Gard... ;). Its a great gigbag and offers plenty of protection. Reunion blues bags are great also.. Haven't used anything else so i couldn't tell you about anything really
  12. Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    any body know where I can find the Mooradian or Levy's on the net, with prices listed?
  13. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I second this. I have a Fender double gig bag, and it is well padded. I never hesitate to put any of my basses in it ( well, except for the Gibson Thundrbird, which doesn't fit...). I'm sure that the $200 gig bags are better, but the Fender is more than adequate.
  14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    (Takes BC hat off)

Hey y'all...look, I've owned 3 double gigbags (including the Fender and Levy's). No knock against any of them, but there's no comparison: the Undercover is 10X the bag either of the others was. Yes, ~$200 is a lot of cash, BUT, if you're carting your $2K+ basses in it, it's CHEAP insurance. If you plain just can't afford the Undercover, the Levy's is much nicer than the Fender, IMO, but if you can afford the Undercover and are just trying to avoid spending the money...

...well, it's like the old Fram Oil Filter commercial:

"You can pay me now, or you can pay me later..."