Dual Bass Stand to Support Two 6-String basses?

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by TolerancEJ, Jul 21, 2018.

1. I will be playing my first gig in 21 years on Aug 25 (Yay!) Way back when I played regularly, I only had one bass.

Now I have a little collection of basses. I’ve been mainly playing my 6-string basses. I plan to bring 2 basses; 1 as a backup in case something happens to the first one.

What options do I have for a sturdy, dependable dual bass stand where the supports are wide enough for a 6-string bass?

JimmyM likes this.
  2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Hercules GS422B
    51+WR2p6iNL._SY679_.jpg

TolerancEJ and Bob_Ross like this.
  3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    Also own Hercules GS422B which I usually put on two 6ers. There's no problem with the neck hangers as they support all 6ers that I've owned. But becareful putting on some 6ers with 35" scale (or longer) which are too tall when stood, thus might hit one of the tripod legs.

IMG_20170416_2243292_zps2nyishor.jpg

TolerancEJ likes this.
  4. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Came in to post ^^^this.
    Been using a GS422B with a pair of Modulus Quantum 35" scale 6-stringers for the past couple months, so far very happy with it.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  5. Thanks for the suggestion everyone. Order placed.

6. cvkaiser

cvkaiser

Jan 20, 2005
    Germany
    just wanted to chime in and add the König&Meyer Double stand 17620 to the list - it holds my two Fodera VI-string with nut width of 58 mm perfectly safe and secure.

Best regards - Christoph

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021