Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dual chanel preamps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chalie, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Hi,
    I have no experience with dual chanel preamps but I think :rollno: this is quite popular for guys who need two sounding from single gig.
    For example, Macus Miller sound always blen with high pitch but very low output and I can't drive any one chanel preamp that I have in this manner.
    I wonder if the dual chanel is the thing that gives you this luxuary and who are the popular makers of this dual chanel preamps.
    Thanks

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    That's a great thread started by Greg. I just added the Hughes & Kettner Fortress preamp to his list.

Tom.

3. Does any makers has the feature for these 2 different modes to mix (blend). Will you be hearing 2 different sound? :ninja:
    My point is that some time you hear 2 different sounding when the pros play. I don't know if multi amps+cabs is always the case of that.

4. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Do you mean two different sounds at the same time? I think that you might be talking about octavers (Marcus is a user).

check the ebs website, go to sounds and then octabass samplers, especially the ones under "Hi" and tell us if that's what you're talking about.