Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dual Output Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zacl, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm planning on constructing a bass, mostly from Warmoth parts. I'm confident about putting the bass together, but I've never wired pick ups before so I need a little help.

The bass is going to be a close recreation of Billy Sheehan's, as I am a big fan of him, and his tone. I am going to put Dimarzio Will power Middle and Neck pickups in and plan to wire them to a separate output. So how might I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help.

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Are you planning on wiring each pup to a separate jack, without using volume/tone pots? Or separate volume/tone for each?

3. D'oh! I should have mentioned that.

Yeah, I plan to have a volume for each pickup, and possibly a tone too. (I'm still deciding that part.)

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    In that case, you could use the basic Jazz wiring scheme (Volume/Volume/Tone), repeated twice. Just remove the second volume pot from the diagram. For nice, simple diagram, check Fender's Mr.GearHead web site.