1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dual Output Wiring

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zacl, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm planning on constructing a bass, mostly from Warmoth parts. I'm confident about putting the bass together, but I've never wired pick ups before so I need a little help.

The bass is going to be a close recreation of Billy Sheehan's, as I am a big fan of him, and his tone. I am going to put Dimarzio Will power Middle and Neck pickups in and plan to wire them to a separate output. So how might I go about doing this?

Thanks for the help.

2. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Are you planning on wiring each pup to a separate jack, without using volume/tone pots? Or separate volume/tone for each?

3. D'oh! I should have mentioned that.

Yeah, I plan to have a volume for each pickup, and possibly a tone too. (I'm still deciding that part.)

4. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    In that case, you could use the basic Jazz wiring scheme (Volume/Volume/Tone), repeated twice. Just remove the second volume pot from the diagram. For nice, simple diagram, check Fender's Mr.GearHead web site.