Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dual Output ?!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Cliff em'All, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    I would like to run a dual output on my bass ( kind of like Billy Sheehan's setup), having the neck pickup go to one output and the bridge pickup go to another and still have the ability to adjust the volume on each of them . Also a switch that would allow me to to switch from the top pickup or bottum pickup or both . I'm fairly good at wiring so it shouldnt be a problem and i think i got it figured out so far but I'm just checking to see your opinions. Has anyone done this before?

thanks alot

2. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    You mean Ric? Yeah, like, some decades ago :smug:

3. i got some stereo ric wiring diagrams, if you want them, pm me. i can probably adapt them to your case too

4. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    Well i meant has anyone personal done it to their bass themselves :p But yeah I forgot that Ric had it setup like that :D

5. Cliff em'All

Cliff em'All

Sep 27, 2004
    You have a PM :D thanks man

6. SubMonkey

SubMonkey

May 3, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Guilty...

FWIW I used a 1/4 jack with a make/break type terminal on it so that 1 jack functions normally (all instrument controls operate as expected and signal from both pickups is present) until the second jack has a plug inserted, then the regular jack carries only the bridge pickup signal and the "trick" jack carries only the neck pickup signal... it is a slight variation of the Rickenbacker 400x wiring

http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdf/19507.pdf

SM

7. fiebru1119

fiebru1119

Mar 2, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    check out TB user "Bass Kahuna". He's big on this setup and has a couple basses wired up this way.. he'd probly be able to help you out as well

8. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    Yeh, I had a Carvin LB 70 stereo like that and it was pretty practical. I'd run my basses like that if I had onboard controls.

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I had my old P-bass wired this way with an EBO in the neck position. The EBO ran through a volume to it's own out. The Dimarzio went Volume to tone then out. The tone pot was a push/pull that redirected both signals to the same output when out.

I'ma gonna try to find the diagram for ya.

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Found it! Here's the diagram, and the pic of my long lost Sheehanized P-bass. I'd love to do it again!

Attached Files: