Dual post: 1) My search for a non Fender Jazz went astray and 2) thx for the help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Let me start with the second part of the post first- here's an open THANK YOU to all that took the time to answer my many questions about Fender Jazz's and their clones. Your responses helped shape not only my search, but also taught me a bit about basses that I probably wouldn't have taken the time to learn. Thanks again.

And the bass I got? A Schecter Deleo 4 string.
    Not quite the jazz sound I started out looking for, but I knew as soon as I picked one up, I found a great bass. These things are built like tanks and now that I've thrown a set of Rotosound flats on it, all I can do is grin ear to ear!

And this thing looks great, too. See through white with a black pickguard- classy combo of old school shape and todays color. I hope this thing ages into a nice ivory color like Fenders do!

The best part is I may end up with a Jazz clone anyway. I used to do a little motorcycle customizing(before my kids were born) and a guy that stiffed me for 3 bills waaaay back when showed up on my doorstep this past weekend, cash in hand. Mumbled something about redemption and 12 step programs. I was so dumbfounded I'm not really sure why he came through years after he stiffed me.

All I know is I'm giving serious thought to a hotrodded Essex J bass...:bassist:

See ya

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    GOt any pics of the Schecter?

And yea, essex are the best jazz copies i belive.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Essex... ...or, Sadowsky... ...or, whatever...:D
  4. Hey, I'm open to anything. If you know somebody that'll take $300 for a Sadowsky, send him my way!:)

I shoulda put a photo up, but i didn't think about it until, well Figjam asked. Have it up tomorrow.

5. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    There was no mention of cost, just "best jazz copies". ;) :D