1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dual SWR goliath JRs????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wmhill, Aug 20, 2012.

1. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I'm looking to down-size my rig, but not my sound....I'm wondering if anybodie's used a pair of SWR golliath JRs (2x10s) . I currenttly use a swr workingman 4x10 & a SWR son of bertha 1x15, powered by a Fender 400 pro. I play at a fair volume, with a clean thumpy hi-if tone. Any first hand imput would be great! thanx in advance!

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I used two or four at a time so I could get the max watts out of my two SM-400s. 220 per side stereo. One 4x10 Goliath II or III actually kicks more booty. Bridged into 8 ohms.

3. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    MTD basses endorsed artist Bartolini pickups emerging artist TECAMP bass players gear endorsed
    I know the goliath would be great- but, it's all about size. I find myself having to drive further and further to gigs, and I need a rig thats "Dodge Neon" friendly! The 4x10 won't fit at all, the 1x15 won't go in the trunk. at $4.00 a gallon and 75-150 miles to some of the gigs, the van just has to stay home! It's a bass-vs-space thing!! Thanx:bassist:

4. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
    Could get the Golight 410 also. its like 55 lbs. or
    2 Golight 210's. those weight like 35lbs a piece.

I'm not sure if the Goliath is larger then the Golight 410 though i would have to look that up.
    I have the Golight 410 and I love it. I also have the golight210. I use that for smaller gigs. Both sound very similar to their respective Goliath counterparts. I cant really tell the difference myself.

I can fit the 210 in the trunk easily, when I take the 410 I put it on the back seat. It also weighs as much as the Goliath 210(the golight410).

If you dislike neo drivers, then ignore this post. =P

5. I think that would work out great. I drive an '01 Ford Taurus and use a Goliath Jr. and Son of Bertha with my amp and Furman in a 4U SKB rack. It all fits in the back seat, and like your situation, my SOB won't fit in the trunk or else I'd put at least the cabs back there.

6. wmhill

wmhill

Aug 20, 2012
    upstate NY
    I havn't tried any of the neo drivers, but they seem to be getting pretty good acceptance, around here at least. I'd be game for em.

7. Jheake

Jheake

Jan 21, 2010
    Gilbert az
  8. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    2 2X10s stacked verticle and a headlite or some other light weight micro head and you would be good to go. Plenty of pop! Good luck with your search.