1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dually vs TL606

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PunkRocker33133, Oct 3, 2017.

1. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    I have a 215 based on the TL606 design, but I've been really interested in a dually or two lately because the weight reduction would be nice. Are there any real tonal benefits outside of lower weight? I've also considered the fEarful style 215 (or fEarless? I can't remember) but I'm not usually a fan of tweeters.

For reference, I tune to C# standard and play everything from hardcore punk to country to R&B with a P-Bass, 800RB, a V4, and a Marshall Plexi.

2. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    Marigold from Gena's group.jpg Are you considering taking out the 15's you have now from your current cabs and installing them in new cabs and if so, what speakers do you have or, are you going to buy new speakers as well? I personally just finished a BFM S15 cab with an Eminence Kappalite 3015. I'm very happy with it and will probably build another to have a pr of 15's for bigger jobs.

3. What happened to your frets?? LOL

kartiste likes this.
  4. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    It was a discounted item :)

HaphAsSard and kartiste like this.
  5. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    My guitarist always used to make that joke - "Catfish" (that being me) "ordered a custom bass but he ran out of money when it came time to buy the frets..." BTW, that 'Ray is hot.

Ampslut likes this.
  6. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    The strap, believe it or not, is my most prized piece of equipment. I had it made at a custom leather shop back in the early 70's and I've used it on every bass I've owned since.

chaosMK likes this.
  7. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    I'd be using Delta's if I pulled the speakers from my cab, but I was thinking Kappalites honestly? I work at a music store so any of the Eminence stuff I get on the cheap.

8. A couple of different things here.

• You're only going to get a Dually from one of greenboy's authorized builders, and they will come with either the 3015 or the 15pr400
    • In terms of performance, that is tough to say. I dont know how your cab was tuned for the drivers you have. That said, either of the driver options in the Dually are much better than deltas.
    • The Dually is a different animal from the F215 or the 1515/66. Neither of those have to come with tweeters, but they both use mid drivers. Not everyone's cup of tea, but they for sure out perform your current cab by a mile.