1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

duane at m shoals

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by mntngrown, Mar 20, 2013.

1. mntngrown

mntngrown Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Santa Cruz Ca

My goodness, as a sixties guy, it just does not get any better than this! The incredible Aretha Franklin, and the young and awesome Duane Allman with the other M Shoals studio players, possibly King Curtis too? and who was this great bass player? Maybe a little too busy, but awesome finger style player. I have been lovin Aretha since high school and it is clear why in this song. Does Duane or the sax even get close to trading the same quality riffs as her voice? Wow! Anyway who is the bass player if you know?

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Cannot "see" video here.
    Chuck Rainey?

Did see, however, something on TV that dealt with Wison Pickett's Hey Jude album...M Shoals sessioneers w/ Duane Allaman. David Hood was the bassist.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    That's off the' This Girl Is In Love With You' album and David Hood was the bassist for the whole thing. Great album!

4. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    wow, Aretha was really in her prime then! and the studio band is soooooooo tasty.
    I saw her in concert about 5 yrs ago and she still had it.

5. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Father of badass Patterson Hood.

6. StrangerDanger

StrangerDanger Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2010