Dublin - Teacher needed

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by redjeep!, Nov 5, 2002.

1. redjeep!

redjeep! Guest

Jan 19, 2002
    Looks like I'm packing up and moving again.

This time from New York state to Dublin. Anybody know any good teachers in the area ?

Somewhere around the Leixlip area (near the big Inte! plant) would be great.

Now where did I put that Guinness tee shirt ? ?
  2. Murf

Mar 28, 2001
    Bad news first, it's next to impossible to find a GOOD bass teacher here in Ireland, most of them are guitarists who claim to teach bass, however you might have some luck if you go to either musicmaker, musician, perfect pitch or waltons (these are music stores in Dublin city centre..Wicklow street to be precise, they're handy cos they're all near each other), each of these stores have a 'musicians wanted' section (usually on the door or in the window) and you'll often find teachers listed there as well.

Another option is to check out 'Buy and sell' magazine which is published weekly here, there's a great band/musicians section in it.

Ah the big ole Intel plant, dont I know it well, feckers turned me down for a job there a few years ago.

best of luck.
  3. Its an absolute Bitch gettin a teacher in this country, i have a teacher but he is a guitarist. he can teach me theory but his knowledge of players and techniques, especially new ones, is limited. John Francis who?