1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dub's Dumb Move. How bad did I damage my cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DubHunter, Mar 11, 2008.

1. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    So after a long weekend, and a three hour gig on Sunday night, i was quite anxious to get home and rest. So I unplug the speaker cables from the amp, and pull the 410 off of the 18. Being out of it (and to be honest, not used to a separate setup rig) The speaker cable is kind of dragging while I muscle the heavy xlt outsdide.

I must have stepped on the cable (which is a red and black banana plug) and ripped the gold connector from the amp base. I have the pieces, and I attempted to screw it back it. I haven't tested it it yet, but I have the feeling that the banana plug connector needs to be clean.
    :help:
    So if I need to replace the piece, what do I need to do to get it/where should I go? would like to get this fixed and proper soon. I'll try to get photos up tomorrow. Thanks for any advice. I'm a kluz sometimes and I need to make up for it with a solid repair...

..(and a real amplifier setup.)

just for kicks, I'd like to let you know that I'm running these beautiful eden cabs with a measly gk backline 300 watt amp. I know it's pathetic,(laughing is understandable) so if can help me out with finding a wt800/eden power/pre for the right price, props. until then, I need to be able to make ends meet.
    ciao.

2. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I broke one of those connectors in my 210XLT.... They are quite fragile.
    I bought a replacement part from an electronics supply store.
    Very easy to fix.

3. DubHunter

DubHunter

Feb 15, 2008
    Columbia Gorge
    Are these the jacks that I would need? this website describes them as this:
    DUAL BINDING POST
    .75" CENTER TO CENTER SPACING
    1 Black 1 Red

simple enough right?
    4 bucks and an easy fix yea?

Attached Files:

4. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    If i can recall, I took that thing apart so each plug could be individually put into the backplate of the cab.
    Take out the broken ones and have a look.
    screws...it really is all very simple and straightforward