1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ducker Pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tonesponge, Nov 29, 2010.

1. tonesponge

tonesponge

Oct 31, 2010
    Basically, I'm trying to find out if there are any pedals out there that could be used to duck one signal under another as a function of an external trigger signal. Basically, a compresser with an external key input or side chain, but in a pedal.

In my five minute google search, I found that I'm not the first person on the Internet to futiley search for a "ducker pedal," and it looks like it could be built, but only rack mount compressors are presently able to do it. Was there actually something out there that could do it in a pedal, or has something recently emerged?

2. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
  3. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Sounds sweet to me. You could have fuzz drop in volume as a filter closes. Do want.

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Not exactly what you're asking about, but check out the Toadworks Enveloope, it might get you something like the results you want.

5. tonesponge

tonesponge

Oct 31, 2010
    That FEA looks like just the thing. TYVM.