1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dude! An SX Jazzmaster bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Choosh, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Choosh

Choosh

Jan 14, 2008
    Chicago
    sjmbt3ts1.

If you get a custom pickup for to mash up the control plate to the pickup, it kinda looks like a Fender Jazzmaster.

[​IMG]

That's pretty sick, that might go on my GAS list along with the Fender Jaguar Bass.

(not EXACTLY alike, but my imagination works ^_^)

2. bass_snake

bass_snake Banned

Aug 13, 2008
    Stouffville, Ontario
    I love the look of that. I wanted to get one before.

Fred

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Thanks for the 6 month old news.

4. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    Those SX basses are lookers ... that particular is a short scale model ... many players prefer the tone on a 34" scale bass.

5. Simon Langley

Simon Langley

Jun 19, 2007
    Chico, CA
    At the price they sell them at it doesn't have to go on your GAS list. It can go on your guitar rack. :hyper:

6. stflbn

stflbn

May 10, 2007
    Nashville

Some people don't check this site, or Rondo daily.

7. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    Me included.

8. HiHowAreYou

HiHowAreYou

Sep 2, 2008
    I always considered it more of the SX response to the Jaguar bass. That seemed most obvious to me. Those it is more of a combination of a Jaguar and Jazzmaster in terms of controls. I like it either way.

9. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    They've had standard 34" scale version available for quite awhile now. I've considered ordering one several times. Still thinking about it but I'm not a huge J fan.

10. BigDaveyTwinkle

BigDaveyTwinkle

Aug 30, 2008
    KCMO
    My SX was my first J bass. For stupid money, try it, my bet is you'll like it. I have played P and P/J basses, the jazz bass set up opens up a lot of tonal possibilities you don'e get in a P bass ...

11. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
    Yeah, I used to own an SX P so I know they're nice quality. I set up a friend's Fender MIM standard J awhile ago and tried it at our band practice. I just couldn't seem to get a decent sound of it. It seemed to get completely lost in the mix. I know J's are hugely popular so I keep thinking I should try again. Maybe try some more aggressive pickups if I have the same issue. I do like the looks of this one a lot.

12. DutchDude

DutchDude

Sep 12, 2007
    Man I love the look of those sx's, just to bad they don't sell them here in europe.

13. Rugaar

Rugaar

Apr 11, 2007
    wisconsin
  14. DigthemLows

DigthemLows Supporting Member

Oct 10, 2003
    Sacramento CA
    Rude

15. I hope Fender sues Rondo so I don't have to see these Spam threads anymore :)

16. I recommended a short-scale one of those to my friend Scarlett who was looking for a first bass to learn on. She loves the thing.

17. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    They make a regular scale and a short scale. I have the shorty.It's over a year old now. It was an experiment in progress for a while. Tried model J's with all sorts of wiring config's. Made a custom control plate w/ v/v/t and 3 dpdt slide switches. Tight fit but it worked. Even tried an Audere but small size cavity won't hold it.
    Final product was stock pups permanently in series w/ v/t knobs. Sound great. Hope to have my grandson interested in it someday.

18. larsenboy

larsenboy

Apr 7, 2009
    rio rancho nm
    that is one nice bass i want a white jaguar bass with a black pic guard any one know where i can get a good deal?:ninja:

19. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008

You love them because they give you more whine time...

:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

20. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    No chit, sometimes I think they should call this place TalkSX.