1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

DUDE! finally a 10 string mass produced!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by santucci218, Aug 19, 2007.

1. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
  2. someone here bought one, pretty poor quality IIRC

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Interesting:eyebrow:

Subscribed.

4. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Absolute junk.

I've never heard a bass with worse intonation before, and it's not adjustable. I wouldn't throw 10 cents at one of these.

5. bassrebel

bassrebel

Mar 7, 2005
    Orlando, Fl
    his store has some of the weirdest instruments haha nice

6. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    there is a double neck acoustic on his store, 4 and 5 string each. no mention that one is fretless and it doesn't look like, so..what's the point :eyebrow:

7. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    Are you kidding me? Did you even bother to read the ad? it's the "Perfect Bass For The Average To Advanced Bass Player" for crying out loud! For what it's worth I think you can eyeball the bass and see that the bridge isn't going to be able to provide proper intonation for the extended range in both directions, it's almost straight across. The ad however states "Rose Wood Bridge Fully Adjustable." Maybe they mean you can adjust your playing to deal with the bridge? Add to that the strings in the middle are covered by 2 pickups while the strings on the sides are covered by one (that has to make a difference, no?). So $700 for an unproven neck with what appear to be guitar tuners? Since the ad says "2 Truss Rods In Each Neck" maybe there's a spare neck with actual bass tuners on the low side at least?

8. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    After a re-read I think he copied and pasted portions from his other bass ads to sell this one.

9. rap138

rap138

May 29, 2007
    south of Spain
    so, you think one is fretless?

10. Clearly you haven't heard me play a fretless bass. :p

11. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    lol, i was just wondering.

12. While we're on the topic of mass-produced ERBs, anybody familiar with the Galveston 8-strings?

13. Mofo-Kang

Mofo-Kang

Aug 26, 2006
    Modesto, CA
    I have a Galveston 7-string on order, but it's been three months. The guy keeps swearing its on the way...

14. I wonder if it comes with special instructions or tools for winding a C# string around a guitar tuner? The Chinese factories will build anything that you ask for and as cheaply as they possibly can.

15. rsrhcp

rsrhcp

Feb 23, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Is the human ear able to hear down that low??? To a low low C#?

O well, I'm not buying it.
    I wonder how much a set of strings is.....

16. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    set of strings will run you around 150 dolla. as for the ear, yes, you can distinguish it fine.

17. So restring it 4 times and that's how much the bass costs??

18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    ...correct...lol

19. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses
    A set of strings is indeed $150 and the only company I know that makes them is SIT with Conklin. However, you can see on the pictures that the strings aren't the SIT ones because they don't have an exposed core. The lowest string also looks like it's not even close to be thick enough to be a C#.

They're probably crappy strings on a crappy bass.

20. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    It is strung through the body. If you buy the SIT .195 gauge for low C#, I don't think it'll fit through the hole in the body.