Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Dude's Bass Day LA Pics here!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dude, Jul 1, 2001.

1. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    So, Jazzbo & JT...

When's this thread coming my way? :D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    those Fender FMT´s really look nice!!

4. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL Big Wheel...when I was posting this I was in a quandry where to post the link...your forum or this forum or the basses forum. I just figured that you guys would find it.

5. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Thanks Dude for the photos. I hope we will be getting the same for NAMM?

6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Oh yeah...I'll post 100's of pics from NAMM as usual!!

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Thanks for your generosity, Dude, (as usual).

If that Fender FMT sounds like it looks, I think they've got a serious contender on the market.

8. Am I mistaken when I think that Riendeau is in Scott Mishoe? If he is.. my goodness. Great funk man. :)

9. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    god.. those new Fender FMTs..... Sadowsky much?? :D

DM

10. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Dude,

great to see you on Saturday, and great photos!!!! It's become part of any west coast bass event that it has to have those dude-pics there. No dude, no vibe... :oops:)

hope to see you next week!

peace

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

11. TonyS

TonyS

Dec 13, 1999
    USA
    I have to agree with Rickbass, Fender "could" have a real winner on their hands with that product. It will be interesting to see some of the details, like the quality of the fretwork and where did they put the truss rod adjustment.

12. Why do they put the truss rod part on the body side anyway, always confused me.

Those do look real tastey, except for that MIM delux with the greenish body and the active p-j pups, it just didn't look like something that Fender would produce.

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    thanks!!
    :)

14. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ

LOL...with all due respect to my friend Roger...the same could be said in reverse don't you think????

15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Always a pleasure to see you Steve....I gotta get some of that looping gear and an eBow. I could watch you play all day my friend! I also enjoy seeing what you'll be wearing next! That outfit you had on Saturday rocked bro!

Just checked my schedule against yours and it doesn't look good for me to catch any of your shows this go round but I'll try to make it to Santa Cruz next Monday 7/9.

16. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's where it is on almost all of my basses. It can potentially weaken the neck to remove wood for a trussrod at the headstock, especially on a bass that has a narrow nut.

Fender IMO has been on the right track for a while now. My Jazz Deluxe 5 is very similar to a Sadowsky, it just makes sense that the company that created the Jazz make upscale ones too. Why should the other guys get all the business?;)

If they execute this well and maintain the Fender sound , which is priority #1 with me, I think they might just have some winners. It'll be interesting to see how much the Victor Bailey will go for and if there will be a five string model.

Thanks for the pics, Steve.

17. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    The Bailey Sig will retail at $1,999.99. I posted it at $1,799 in the gallery and I got an email from Fender this morning correcting me...guess I better change it in the gallery huh? Now remember, that's "retail" so I'd estimate the "street" prices should be in the $1,399 ballpark.

18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    here we come....

walking down the street...

with the most music related thread...

that you'll ever meet....

hey hey, it's miscellaneous!!! comin' down to big wheels house! gettin' outta here real fast! with just a clicky-click o'my mouse...

(hey, waddya want - i've been traveling all day :D)

19. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    Dude,

I hope you can make it on Monday - this tour is going to be so much fun - Rick Walker and I just did live improv on the radio here - on Monday on Radio Free Santa Cruz, and Tuesday on KUSP, which was so cool. And I promise if you arrive, I'll find another groovy sarong to wear for the gig :oops:)

see you soon - if you do go for a looper, try the Line6 DL4 it's way cool... I wanna hear solo dude-loop versions of Quiet Riot Classix - 'Come On Feel The Loops'?? :oops:)

Steve
    www.steve-lawson.co.uk

20. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    LOL Steve...you do know that Jimmy Church from Ashdown is very good friends with Rudy Sarzo right? I met Jimmy at Bass Day after your performance at Ashdown...cool dude! Maybe he could set up a Manring/Lawson/Sarzo loopfest for you...that would rock! Rudy's a much better player than most people give him credit for.

I'm trying to make Santa Cruz Monday but it's not looking good now that I've taken over operations at my family's vineyard & winery; things are really crazy with me (even crazier than before!!). I spend 10-12 hours a day in the vineyards now then get back to my bass stuff. Help is on the way soon since we hired a new winemaker who starts soon but for now I'm pretty much doing everything around here. I have a ton of stuff to do around here before I zip to NAMM then Seattle in a few weeks.

Anyone like good wine?? I grow it, crush it & bottle it but never touch the stuff myself. (I prefer a different type of "crop")

Dude
    http://www.sableridge.com