Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Duets, in general

Discussion in 'Music [DB]' started by toman, Sep 18, 2003.

1. I know there's a thread down the page a bit about duets for bass and guitar, but I'm wondering what is some good music for any old duets, in general, maybe something I could find on the web. I'm looking for some fairly simple things to have on hand that could be worked out in not very much time, for whatever kind of impromtu performance might come along, be it with two basses, bass and cello, bass and guitar, whatever turns up at a party or something. I'm thinking mainly along the line of classical stuff, maybe some baroque pieces, or possible some polkas or other slightly goofy stuff... just something that sounds good and isn't super ass-kickingly technical. :D

2. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    It makes me wonder if there aren't fake books for classical music somewhere.

3. Dondi

Dondi

May 3, 2003
    NYC
    There is a fun duet by Rossini for Bass and cello. I can't recall the publisher, though.
    Its interesting enough that it is fun for anyone to listen to, and cellists like it as well.

4. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
  5. Thanks for the ideas guys... I just got the music to some of the Bach inventions, and I was thinking they'd be pretty interesting to play with guitar or cello. Anybody tried these?

6. EFischer1

EFischer1 Guest

Mar 17, 2002
    New York, New York
    The Rossini duet is published by boosey and hawkes

there is also the bottesini gran duets for 2 basses, a bottesini duet for bass and violin, and a dragonetti duet for bass and violin

7. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    check this interesting page

8. Anon2962

Anon2962

Aug 4, 2004