1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Duff McKagan has officially joined Jane's Addiction

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by trainwrecker, Apr 13, 2010.

1. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
  2. Sorry, but Jane's is one band that is absolutely greater than the sum of their parts. I believed that was proven when they couldn't help but suck even with a legitimately fan-frikkin'-tastic bassist such as Chris Chaney in the band in the early '00s, as well as Flea and Martyn LeNoble's stints in the band at various times.

3. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    thumbs up from me...

4. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
    don't be sorry, it's just info :smug:

5. Absolutely no problem or issue with your reposting of the news, just stating that I highly doubt that Duff will fit with JA any better than...well, anyone except Eric Avery. It's a shame the recording produced by Trent Reznor was never completed - from the news at the time, it seemed that he was the only one that could keep the original members on track and had any hope of releasing something close to their classic works.

Just some opinionating on my part, nothing to see here... ;)

6. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
    well, you know what they say opinions are like.... ahh nevermind...hahaha :p

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i can't imagine hanging around perry farrell and dave navarro can be fun past the first 30 minutes.

8. Sideshow Aj

Sideshow Aj

May 26, 2009
    Manchester
    as much as i love jane's, i'd have to agree.

9. 30 mins? I cant even look at a PICTURE of navarro for more than a few seconds without getting strangely irritated

10. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
    now thats just funny...

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    He is a.... (think tommy! think! don't get banned!)

Anyways, though I like "One hot minute" by the chilis I can't stand Dave

12. I dig old Jane's, can take Navarro or leave him & can't really see Duff in this band.

13. Qvist

Qvist

Jul 20, 2007
    Denmark
    DAMN!! Guess Velvet is really on pause then... wow. Hope he's gonna record with them!

14. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Feb 21, 2010
    St. Louis
    I like Duff. I liked Eric. I liked Flea. I like Dave Navarro ( listen to "Trust No One")

Perry Farrell is an ***.

15. Double Agent

Double Agent

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I'm imagining the opening to Mountain Song with lots of treble and a chorus pedal. In my head, it's NOT working. I love Duff, but I don't think this is a very good fit. It's their right to carry on without Avery, but it's also my right to ignore any music that results from their decision to do so.

16. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Whatever happened to Eric Avery? Last I heard (early to mid 90s) was was fronting a band that sounded A LOT like Psychedelic Furs (at least his vocals did).

17. Yerf Dog

Yerf Dog

Jun 29, 2009
    Carol Stream, IL

One album with Navarro as 'Deconstruction'.

He has a solo album that came out in 2008.

EricAveryHelpWantedcover.

18. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah....Deconstruction.

I might have to check out his solo stuff. My style is COMPLETELY different than his but I liked his tone and choice of bass lines (NOT that I think I'm better!).

19. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    eric has been playing with jane's addiction for the last year, bazz.

20. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Wow....I had no idea (hadn't really kept up with them in a while). Loved them "back in the day"....when I was in H.S.