Duh! I'm an idiot!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by whitedk57, Jun 15, 2005.

1. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I just ordered a neck for the project I am working on. I had assumed the body took the 2 1/2" neck. I just got the neck today, and the body cavity is 2 1/4". Why didn't I measure before leaping!?!?!? :meh:

Is there anything I can do to make it fit, or should I shop around for another neck?
  2. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    You could widen the pocket?
  3. whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Actually, it's not as bad as I first thought. My son called me from home to tell me my neck came. He opened the package and tried it on the body. It didn't fit. I told him to measure the pocket and the neck width. He somehow measured the pocket at 2 1/4". When I came home I measured it 2 7/16". So, I spent about an hour widening the pocket, and voila, it fits! But I learned my lesson.

During the process, a college student came to the door trying to sell study aids for my youngin's. Any other time I might have given in to her cuteness, but I was on a mission!
  4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I would say that since you learned from the experience, you are NOT an idiot!!

Thats only when you don't learn from your mistakes. :hyper: