Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Duh! I'm an idiot!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by whitedk57, Jun 15, 2005.

1. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    I just ordered a neck for the project I am working on. I had assumed the body took the 2 1/2" neck. I just got the neck today, and the body cavity is 2 1/4". Why didn't I measure before leaping!?!?!? :meh:

Is there anything I can do to make it fit, or should I shop around for another neck?

2. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    You could widen the pocket?

3. whitedk57

whitedk57

May 5, 2005
    Franklin, NC
    Actually, it's not as bad as I first thought. My son called me from home to tell me my neck came. He opened the package and tried it on the body. It didn't fit. I told him to measure the pocket and the neck width. He somehow measured the pocket at 2 1/4". When I came home I measured it 2 7/16". So, I spent about an hour widening the pocket, and voila, it fits! But I learned my lesson.

During the process, a college student came to the door trying to sell study aids for my youngin's. Any other time I might have given in to her cuteness, but I was on a mission!

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I would say that since you learned from the experience, you are NOT an idiot!!

Thats only when you don't learn from your mistakes. :hyper: